loyalty plan

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

loyalty plan

I recently called to my fido cs regards about any customer retention deal such as a loyalty program.. The answer of course is yes.
Lets see how the deal is.
Current.
$70 mth
City fido/ 6 GB

Suggested so called loyalty program
$80mth
Unlimited voice / 2 GB
Optional Add $10 for national wide LD

As a loyal customer like me since 2003, I really feel disappointed. Especially, the operator thinks its better choice for me..... And dont forget the current promotion was $50 mth, unlimited voice local n national wide with 4GB..

My contract will be done in Mar. And I decided to switch over to other providers instead..
GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF U.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 16
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Re: who will be offered a real deal loyalty program? answer is not me who ve been with fido for 1...

Hi @gutzaland!

Sorry to read you feel disappointed Sad

Looks like you are on one of the grandfathered plans and you can always continue this plan month-to-month. You can always take a contract on it as well to benefit from a hardware upgrade, though grandfathered plans qualify for a lower device subsidy. 

In order to obtain the maximum subsidy on a new phone, the above-mentionned plan would have been offered to you. 

Let me know if you want me to send you a PM to take a second look at your options. We don't want to lose you after all these years!

Thanks. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 16
Highlighted

Re: loyalty plan

Of course, I would like to stick with you guys if there is a way I dont feel ashame of telling people that I have a premium monthly plan but costs the double of what others are paying for.

Thx

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 16
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Alright, let me go ahead and send you a PM, @gutzaland

Talk soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 16
Highlighted

Re: who will be offered a real deal loyalty program? answer is not me who ve been with fido for 1...

Almost the same boat. Called CS today about upgrading to a new iPhone 7 plus 128. And to stay on my old plan. I pointed out that I knew the upgrade price would be higher since I didn't want to have a plus 15 plan. CS told me that there was no way to upgrade my phone and stay on my current plan. I did specifically point out that I was willing to PAY for the phone (not full pop) and that my current phone was subsidised on my $35 plan w/6gb $30 addon.

Yeah, being told that to upgrade my phone I lose my plan put a really sour taste in my mouth. FIDO is now just like all the rest.

I'm shopping around for the first time in years. FIDO is at the bottom of the list. Tired of dropped calls in my area too. It's 2017, there should be no dead zone driving along the Trans Canada between Nanaimo and Victoria.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 16
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @cosworth99! Smiley

Your $35 plan is considered a plus10 plan hence it won't be possible to get the Iphone7 plus on agreement as there no options to do so at this moment. You can choose a different device or choose to change to a different plan.  You can also wait until the device is compatible with a plus10 plan in the future.

We really don't want to see you leave because of this. If you want to review your options, feel free to contact customer service here. We can also send you a PM here if you prefer. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 16
Highlighted

Yeah I know. It was good enough to buy an iPhone 6 though. And the $30 I give towards data doesn't count. I'm willing to pay, not subsidize. 

Being told that if I upgrade I have to lose my plan is the rub. I can go buy an unlocked phone and keep my plan. What's funny is that is WANT to spend my money with Fido but this kind of practice makes people take their money elsewhere. 

Or B, the customer service rep I had was towing a hard sales line and didn't understand I wanted to spend money. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 16
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for sharing your feedback @cosworth99. I'll pass the message along for you. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 16
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Sent you a PM.

Hi, recognized the thread and you asked someone to send a private message.

I'm Fido customer almost 10 years. 

The last year (Nov 2016) I received 2 Gb as a loyal Fido customer. Right now the bonus is dissappeared and I'm looking to receive it once again.

The phone representative has offered me $65 which is including 6 Gb loyalyty plan. It's ridikulos due to the market is offering the same for less. 

Today I visited Best Bye store and recognized that Fido is offering $40 plan (4 Gb) for a new customers and to receive this I have to cancel my account and receive a new number. At this moment I don't look to leave Fido, I'm looking to receive a more data.

I would appreciate you to help me.

Please call me.

Stan

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 16
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @StGenis

I'm replying to your PM now, talk to you soon Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator