lost android phone

I'm a Participant Level 1 Frankmmm
I'm a Participant Level 1

lost android phone

If I lose my Android cell can I locate it through FIDO. If not what would be a good app

Accepted Solution

Re: lost android phone

@Frankmmm wrote:

If I lose my Android cell can I locate it through FIDO. If not what would be a good app

Hello Frankmmm,

Welcome to the community!

I do not believe Fido offers a phone location service. Since your phone is android, Google has its Android Device Manager. To activate go to Settings --> Security --> Device Administrators --> Android Device Manager --> Activate.

You should note that is dependent on the phone being left on, location services activated, and having access to data (ie data and/or Wifi need to be left on) (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@Frankmmm login here with the Google account you use on the phone and if the phone is online you will be able to locate it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
MVP
MVP
Solution

@Frankmmm wrote:

Hello Frankmmm,

Welcome to the community!

I do not believe Fido offers a phone location service. Since your phone is android, Google has its Android Device Manager. To activate go to Settings --> Security --> Device Administrators --> Android Device Manager --> Activate.

You should note that is dependent on the phone being left on, location services activated, and having access to data (ie data and/or Wifi need to be left on) (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

Hey @Frankmmm

Fido also offers a subscription to Soluto App if  you have either our Fido TeckXpert or Fido Device Protection services. 

The Soluto application provides you with various functions that can be activated remotely such as: 

- Locate Phone

- Sound Alarm

- Lock Phone

- Erase Data 

It is important however to keep in mind that these services would need to be set up prior to the phone being lost. 

I hope this was helpful­. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4