losing service on a weekly basis

SOLVED
Broberts58
I'm Helpful Level 1

Since I bought my phone I have lost service or no signal on a weekly basis. I call fido and they reset the tower and my service is back. Today I have no signal or service again does anyone else have this ongoing problem and if so what have you done to get it fixed.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: losing service on a weekly basis

Solved by MVP MVP

@Broberts58

1. Go to Settings
2. Tap Networks
3. Tap Tethering & Networks
4. Scroll down and tap Mobile Networks
5. Tap Network Operators
6. Tap Search Networks
7. Tap the Fido network 

View solution in context
11 REPLIES 11
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Broberts58,

Looking back at some of your other posts, it seems like this has been an ongoing issue. In addition, from what I can tell, is this your second LG G3 with the same issue?

Are you sure you are in an area with adequate celluar signal? Your latest post suggested you were on Fido-EXT for a period. That would suggest you are outside of (or had weak) Fido signal. You can get an idea of the location of your nearest cellular towers are here.

If you are on the edge of Fido/Rogers coverage, it could explain your spotty service issues.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

Was your old phone with Fido or a new fido customer? if you are upgrading check your cell phone reception with your old phone.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Broberts58 what is the make and model of the phone, also give some more info does it happen inside/outside any specific area?

Broberts58
I'm Helpful Level 1

It's a LG3 Phone and i'm losing service inside and outside and it says sims not registered,service disable etc etc same thing every week since I've had the phone.

@Broberts58 did you try taking out the SIM and putting it back in? It could be an issue witht he SIM or the SIM reader on the phone itself. I would suggest take out the SIM clean it and try if the problem is still there get a new SIM and try if the problem is still not resolved then you might need to send the phone in for repairs.

Also did you check and make sure you are on the latest Android version avaliable for your phone and did you try a factory reset of the phone?

Broberts58
I'm Helpful Level 1

Yes, I have done all that numerous times and still end up with no service after a few days. Thanks for your help it's appreciated.

@Broberts58 did you get the phone from Fido? It could be an app that is causing the problem I would suggest you remove all the app you installed like whatsapp, skype etc and try to see if any app is causing the problem if not then it could just be hardware related problem.

Broberts58
I'm Helpful Level 1

OK, i just called and had it reset again and i have service again. The fido rep mentioned doing a manual connect to the tower and showing me how to do it. Does anyone know how to do it and are willing to share this information?.

@Broberts58

1. Go to Settings
2. Tap Networks
3. Tap Tethering & Networks
4. Scroll down and tap Mobile Networks
5. Tap Network Operators
6. Tap Search Networks
7. Tap the Fido network 

Broberts58
I'm Helpful Level 1

Thanks, my phone just lost service again and I tried your solution and I am connected again on Fido instead of Fido EXT, thanks again

@Broberts58 the Fido EXT is the Fido extended network and Fido have limitations for the extended network.

Extended Coverage is meant to provide additional coverage, outside of the Fido network. It is available to the majority of Fido postpaid wireless customers (excluding Fido Home Phone, prepaid and zone-based plans (e.g., Fido Zone and CityFido) in areas they sometimes travel to. It’s intended to be used occasionally and the majority of your monthly usage (talk, text and data) must occur on the Fido network. If the majority of your monthly usage occurs within Extended Coverage areas, we may restrict or limit your access to Extended Coverage on an ongoing basis.

Full info here.