latest Lg3 update

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

latest Lg3 update

Soooo, I did the recent update on my phone and now its acting like its posessed!! The worst is that it keeps shutting off my wifi while im using it at home. Because of this im over my on my data and I still have over  2 weeks to go..sooo not happy about this?? Any ideas how I can fix this...cant afford for this to keep happening...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted

Re: latest Lg3 update

Hey Sherrylynn!

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

Can you try resetting the phone to its factory settings and see if it fixes this problem?

Keep us updated. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Hi, just curious, If I reset, will I loose all my apps and stuff Ive added to phone?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there!

If you go to your Apps>Setting>Backup & Reset you'll be able to create a backup, so when you restore the phone to factory settings you'll still have all of your contacts and etc... Smiley

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

@Sherrylynn wrote:

Hi, just curious, If I reset, will I loose all my apps and stuff Ive added to phone?

@Sherrylynn A factory reset should be your last resort, download and install the LG PC Suite and use that to be a back up of your phone it will back up all your pictures, text and it should backup your apps data.

First you should try to clear the cache partation.

To clean the system cache, all you need to do is:

• Tap Apps
  • Tap Settings
  • Select the General tab
  • Tap Storage
  • Wait for the menu options to finish doing their sums
  • Tap Cached Data
  • Tap OK

If the cache is large, clearing it may take a few seconds. Once the cleaning is complete, the screen will refresh and you should now see that the Cached Data listing is missing. That’s because there isn’t any any more.

Unlike a master reset, this process shouldn’t remove any of your personal data - but it’s a very, very good idea to make sure everything important is backed up anyway.

Potential fixes:

• Start by turning your router off and then on again.
  • Take your LG G3 battery out and then put it back in again and restart the phone.
  • Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and long press on your WiFi name and then tell it to Forget network and set the connection up fresh.
  • Make sure that the Battery saver isn’t responsible by turning it off. If it is then you can head in and change the settings so it doesn’t turn off Wi-Fi.
  • Try turning off Bluetooth if you have it on, sometimes it can interfere with Wi-Fi.
  • Tap the menu button at the top right of the Wi-Fi screen and access Advanced Wi-Fi. Try changing the settings in here.
  • If you have the option to connect to the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz, try it.
  • Install Wifi Analyzer and check how busy your channels are. Try switching to a less busy channel if that seems to be the problem.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Thank-you for the detailed message, I will for sure try this Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6