keyboard issues

keyboard issues

keyboard issues

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 1

keyboard issues

the keyboard on my blackberyy curve 8520 is not working. I tried updating the new software to blackberyy v. 5 and it downloaded successfully but did not solve the issue of my keyboard. Besides from the occasional use of  the trackpad, the whole keyboard is defective. If i have already past the warranty date, what other options do i have for fixing this? 

Accepted Solution

Re: keyboard issues

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi, if you have passed your 1 yr warranty date for fido then your alternative would be to speak directly with BB customer service to see if you can send your phone in for repair.  there will be a fee. Or you can do a search on the web and look for local repair shops.  The 8520 should be real cheap to buy outright new.  Or if you are adventurous, you can look for the keyboard spare part and try fixing it yourself .

let us know Wink

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi, if you have passed your 1 yr warranty date for fido then your alternative would be to speak directly with BB customer service to see if you can send your phone in for repair.  there will be a fee. Or you can do a search on the web and look for local repair shops.  The 8520 should be real cheap to buy outright new.  Or if you are adventurous, you can look for the keyboard spare part and try fixing it yourself .

let us know Wink