its always better deal when u switch !

tercheong
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido serive is ok, but it doesnt make sense to stay if you want better offer!!! You always get a better deal if you switch to other provide and fido wont bother to do anything. too sad.

12 REPLIES 12
MB_in_Vancouver
I'm a Participant Level 2

I agree, and the interaction I just had withj a "Chat" CSR has pushed me to look to FREEDOM mobile...

Hi there @MB_in_Vancouver

We'd definitely be sad to see you go Sad

What happened exactly?

Anything I can do to help?

We'd love to help turn things around if we can!

MB_in_Vancouver

The CSR was not only incorehant,and unhelpful but when I said that I would shop around to find something better (since my current plan doesn't reflect my needs, he ("Nathaneal") signed off with "For sure, best of luck finding that, cheers" and just closed the chat session.

As someone in a senior managament position, I would never allow an employee to have this kind of interaction with a customer.  There is ALWAYS a way to end the conversation in a way that the client feels they are valued,even if nothing more can be done... this was NOT one of them.

EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

The "Wind" is blowing.  You should go with the Wind.

I want to reiterate that this form is used to help others, not for arrogant individuals to highlight the "English skills".  

To others: 

Cellular service is a competitive market and you are free to shop and pick your service provider.  There is nothing stopping you from doing so.  Be sure to maintain diginity and respect when you decide to jump ship.  You will get very little support from other customers if you decide to blow a head gasket and experss your frustration in an inappropriate or immature way that other finds unacceptable.

I couldn't agree with you more @MB_in_Vancouver... That's absolutely not the kind of experience we want for our customers!

You're right about something: although we might not find the right deal/package that works for you, there's always a customer-friendly way of going about it!

We're always working on bettering the quality of our customer service so we really take this kind of feedback to heart!

I can see that you're already speaking with my colleague by PM so, looks like you're in good hands Smiley 

I'll let you continue with him, from here on out! 

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out about this matter, we really appreciate your time & feedback. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP

@tercheong wrote:

...You always get a better deal if you switch...

Hello Tercheong,

Welcome to the community!

A better deal implies the same services for less cost. However with many other providers, that is not necessarily the case. Their plans may cost less, but you also often receive less service.

For example, Public Mobile does not offer any customer service. Chatr does not provide LTE. Freedom Mobile (formerly Wind) only operates a single '3G' band or frequency. Additionally, while they have recently started their LTE network, most phones do not have the required band/frequency to avail of the service (except Eastern Ontario)...

When considering the better deals, it's important to also compare the included services and not only the cost. Often, you're just not paying for what you're not getting. Perhaps you don't need what you wouldn't be getting, but that only makes it better for your situation and not necessarily a better deal.

Cheers

Alex_DC
I'm Helpful Level 1

Been with Fido 14 years and it's definitely better to stay, loyalty has its perks. No other provider will give me an LG G4 or LG G5 for $0 down at $50/month that includes unltd Canada wide calling, unltd global SMS/MMS and 1GB data.

Thanks so much for the shout-out @alex_DC 

And did you say 14 years?! (That's 5,110 days of pure awesomeness!)

I'm very glad to read that you have a phone/plan that works for you! :D

moonjo

Well which is it? G4 or G5?

Anyways, if it takes 14 years to get that than I don't think it's worth it since switching gives you better deal than staying on.

I just had a live chat and asked whether there was something that would make me want to stay.

He just copy & pasted fido.ca promotion page link and told me to look there. lol

"Nope, get lost." would've sufficed.

Alex_DC
I'm Helpful Level 1

@moonjo wrote:

Well which is it? G4 or G5?

Anyways, if it takes 14 years to get that than I don't think it's worth it since switching gives you better deal than staying on.

I just had a live chat and asked whether there was something that would make me want to stay.

He just copy & pasted fido.ca promotion page link and told me to look there. lol

"Nope, get lost." would've sufficed.

2 contacts at $50/month, one with a G4 and one with a G5. Those are renewals and I've had many great $0 phones from Fido over the years. You think it took 14 years to get a good deal from them? I've stayed with them for 14 years because of the continued good deals and excellent customer service.

On another note, the LG G-Pad II for $120 off contact and no data plan (just tether off my phone if needed) was a pretty good deal too.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @moonjo

Is there something we can help you with?

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey tercheong! 

We'd hate to see you go! I'll send you a PM so we can check out your options! Smiley