is the 15 days satisfaction on new phones new?

Tracey2
I'm a Participant Level 2

After 18 years with Fido, I have become extremely distant chanted and going to switch to Koodo. This decision comes after several bad experiences, but this last one put the icing on the cake. I was away overseas for a lengthy time and extended my stay even longer so I wanted to continue the roaming plan, Fido billed me $1600 for roaming in 2013, so I wanted to make sure that wouldn’t happen again.  I called Fido several times in May 2018, attempting to connect; the line was dropped several times because of a bad connection. Eventually, I got hold of someone at Fido who told me Fido changed its roaming plan, and he also alarmed me that Fido dollars were discontinuing, so I should use them, after discussing the differences between the iPhone 7 and iPhone 8, I asked for the iPhone 7. The Fido representative asked if he should send it right away or wait until I returned at the end of the month, there was no mention of a new 15 day guarantee to replace the phone if I didn't like it, so I asked him to send it right away as I would need it right away.
I returned from my vacation2 weeks later the box was waiting for me, I quickly plugged it in and promptly converted my info to the new iPhone. Approx two weeks later, in the middle of June, I backed up because I noticed the iPhone they sent was defective. It was then that it saw that amongst several other devices Fido had posted an iPhone 6! I  called Fido immediately and spoke to an agent who said that it was “Buyer’s Remorse” because I had 15 days to change it and that time was up. The Fido rep said they reported it and a senior supervisor would call back within 24 hours, no one called, so I called again, a different Fido rep said again that it was “Buyer’s Remorse”, they put me through to a senior rep, who said again it was “Buyer’s Remorse”, I spoke to Fido Management, again “Buyer’s Remorse”. Different Fido agents about the problem and that this iPhone 6 is also defective.
The only remorse I’m having is staying with Fido for too long!

3 REPLIES 3
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @Tracey2,

Welcome to the community!

The 15 days satisfaction guarantee has been around for a while now if i'm not mistaken it started since 2009. It was stated in the conformation email when you ordered the phone.

"If you upgraded your device, please take note of the following information: Fido offers a 15-day satisfaction guarantee and a 1-year after sale manufacturer’s warranty from date of purchase. If you are not satisfied with your new phone model, you may return it or exchange for a different model within 15 days of purchase if you have not exceeded the 30 minute voice usage limit. For more information on your device and warranty,visit fido.ca/supportphone."

Tracey2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank you Kapable-k, If the Fido Sales representative had sent the same phone Fido charged me for and told me about it in the first place none of this would have happened.

Hello there @Tracey2!

I understand this could not have been a pleasant surprise for you after your vacation. The buyer's remorse warranty is indeed 15 days as @KAPABLE-K mentioned, however I'll be happy to reach out to you in private and take a look at your options together.

PM on the way!