iphone went for a dip in the lake

I'm a Participant Level 1 sevencedars
I'm a Participant Level 1

iphone went for a dip in the lake

So, of course it is not working - placed in a bowl of rice immediately for 48 hours - will not turn on... any suggestions how to fix?  Or - how to go about getting a replacement phone?

Accepted Solution

Re: iphone went for a dip in the lake

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. As 

There is also a possibility of doing a Hardware Upgrade if eligible. Fido hardware Upgrade can be done after 90days of services,following a new activation or a contract renewal with a new phone, by buying out of the existing contract/term so to get the device desired at a subsidize amount & keep in mind that FidoDollars can be used toward any phone.

You can contact Fido Live chat or Fido Support for more info regarding your hardware upgrade eligibility.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Take it to an apple store and explain what happened. Out of warranty replacements are about $100-$200 depending on model, I think.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

If your iPhone is eligible for out-of-warranty service, it is $169 for 3G, 3GS, and iPhone 4, or $199 for 4S. More information can be found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=Canada&product=iphone

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

you can also take it to the Fli market and have water damage cleaning done on it, though not guarenteed to fix it, its not expensive to try at all, and might get your phone working again
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Fido Employee fidoOlivier
Fido Employee
Solution

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. As 

There is also a possibility of doing a Hardware Upgrade if eligible. Fido hardware Upgrade can be done after 90days of services,following a new activation or a contract renewal with a new phone, by buying out of the existing contract/term so to get the device desired at a subsidize amount & keep in mind that FidoDollars can be used toward any phone.

You can contact Fido Live chat or Fido Support for more info regarding your hardware upgrade eligibility.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5