iphone 4 echo issues

Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

iphone 4 echo issues

Hi, my iphone4 is only barely 1.5 months old. I have just noticed a echo every time I am in a call. I hear my own voice echo in one of the mic's. I heard of a solution that said to just turn on speaker, wait a few sec and turn speaker off and problem goes away. This does nothing for me. The wierd thing is, that if i have my headphones plugged in, i have no problems whatsoever.

What should I do??? Please help!

Accepted Solution

Re: iphone 4 echo issues

also, turning down volume did nothing, neither did using headsets to talk. Hell, I tried everthing else that I could possibly try. Going to the apple store solved this problem!
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

I have heard of a number of reasons for this, as well as solutions. One possible reason could be cellular network call volume and corresponding lack of bandwidth where you are at in that particular time causing "backup". If this problem persists at different locations, and different times of day, that probably isn't it.

Some have suggested turning the in-call volume down 2-4 notches and see if that helps. If it persists, consider returning the phone and getting a replacement, as it may be a hardware issue with the dual microphones on that particular phone.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

thanks, haha you beat me to it! I was just writing to update my situation. I went to the apple store today, and they replaced my iphone on the spot, I love the apple store. Have not seen customer service that good before!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2
Solution

also, turning down volume did nothing, neither did using headsets to talk. Hell, I tried everthing else that I could possibly try. Going to the apple store solved this problem!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Yes, best bet is to be able to walk in and say, "Did that...", "Tried that....", "Checked that already...." and then just ask for a new replacement. Glad they replaced it for you. Unfortunately we don't have an Apple Store in my neck of the woods. Cheers !

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5