cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 4 - daylight savings time problem

Jan
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Hi, my iphone 4 keeps reverted to an hour back in time. So it is currently -1 hour from what the actual time is. What should I do to fix this? I dont want to use "manual" time settings, and want to keep using "automatic". I tried a network settings restore, which did nothing to fix. A full wipe did not fix this either! HELP! please

10 REPLIES 10

sasha604
I'm a Participant Level 1

I had weird problem with day light savings today on my i pnone 4.

On Sunday I found that my iphone updated time automatically to day light savings. It was showing correct time all day. But over night from Sunday to Monday the clock in my iphone kicked back one hour, so as a result I was late to work.

And at about after 0700 am pst the clock on my iphone changed again this time it displayed correct DLS time.

Who's fault was that glitch Fido or Iphone4? 

Jan
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Still having the problem. Even after restarting phone Sad Sad Sad

Jan
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

so... its 6:30 pm now, and my phone still is messed up time wise. When will fido fix this? I can get it to show correct time for all of 1-2 seconds before it shifts back to old time (-1 hour). I dont see why I should have to keep my time on "manual" mode when automatic has never failed me this hard before! I wonder if anyone else has this problem with iphone 4. On the apple forums there are many dozens of pages of people complaining with similar problems in the US/Canada. FIDO! Please help, thank you in advance Smiley

jackastor
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Easiest fix in the book, Set your timezone correctly.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello everyone,

I did a little bit of research for you all, and it seems that the issue only touches iPhone users.

Also, after looking it up on the internet, it seems that it is a worldwide issue for iPhone users.

Therefore, the issue would be related to the iOS itself, and not to our network.

Here's some troubleshooting I can suggest:

- Tap on "Settings"
- Tap to "General"
- Select "Date & Time"
- Switch "Set Automatically" to "OFF"
- Reboot the iPhone
- Go back through these settings and switch "Set Automatically" to "ON"

If this does not work, I would have to refer you to Apple for further assistance. You can reach them at 1-800-263-3394.

Let us know how it goes!

MikeO

I have an LG Xenon and experience the same problem. The time was updated on Sunday evening and it just changed back to the old time about an hour ago.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello MikeO,

Have you tried a battery pull?

If so, have you also tried to turn automatic off on the date and time, close the phone for a few minutes, turn it back on and turn the automatic back on?

If this does not work, there may be a miscommunication between your handset and the network. Technical support can refresh your profile in our network. I would suggest that you give it a try. They can be reached at 1-888-481-3436 from a phone other than your Fido, option 3 - 4 - 2.

Let us know how it goes Smiley

Jan
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Thank you for your respons! I have tried the method that you outlined, alas to no avail :(. I will be going to apple support next to get this adressed. Thank you again

nono

not sure if you got it fixed already, but I was waiting for it to change too. I had to restart my iphone, but it didn't work first thing in the morning, I tried again in the afternoon, and voila, it changed to the right time....if only it had done it "automatically" since it's on automatic settings....

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Weird. I've been reading about this affecting people on Fido but mine was fine. Woke up Sunday with it set to the correct time.