invalid simcard- updating simcard

SOLVED
rmaryc
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hello, I set up a simcard for prepaid service online at fido.ca, but when i go to MyAccount to update my new simcard to my account, it says it's invalid. Please help.

Accepted Solution

Re: invalid simcard- updating simcard

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 3 rmaryc

Update:

finally got that resolved, but the number they said they would port over did in fact not port over. Also, in addition to the completely different number, they gave me a completely different provincial area code; I live in Manitoba and they gave me one for Ontario... sooo now I have to deal with that. (Sigh)

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
rmaryc

Update:

the error message I am given is as follows:

Unfortunately, we are unable to update your SIM card at this time.

Inputted SIM Card number: 8930237032302447****

The SIM card number you entered is invalid. It must contain 20 digits. Please try again.

rmaryc

Update:

finally got that resolved, but the number they said they would port over did in fact not port over. Also, in addition to the completely different number, they gave me a completely different provincial area code; I live in Manitoba and they gave me one for Ontario... sooo now I have to deal with that. (Sigh)

Hey @rmaryc!

Sorry for the delay. Glad to hear you got the SIM card activated. Are you sure that the number with a different area code isn't the temporary number given to you while the port goes through?

rmaryc

Hey Stephen,

i didnt think about that! But I assumed based on the PDF they emailed me with, stating it was my number. No mention of a temporary number.

Let's take a look at your account to see. I'll send you a PM in just a bit Smiley