info on Incomming calls for 35$ unlimited city fido

I'm a Participant Level 2 Ragesh89
I'm a Participant Level 2

info on Incomming calls for 35$ unlimited city fido

hi! im with city fido within the montreal region. I have the 35$ unlimited plan, i was wondering if incomming calls outside of my region are free? for example if someone from toronto calls me anytime ,while im in my city fido region (Montreal) would i get charged long distance?

Accepted Solution

Re: info on Incomming calls for 35$ unlimited city fido

The way incoming calls work is that as long as you're in your local calling area, then all incoming calls are considered local calls, therefore in your case, unlimited.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1
Solution

The way incoming calls work is that as long as you're in your local calling area, then all incoming calls are considered local calls, therefore in your case, unlimited.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8

ok so to  make sure  my region is in montreal  and my local calling ares is the montreal city fido zone?  so i only get charged long distance if im not in the montreal city fido zone right if i get incommig calls  so for example is someone calls me from toronto  while im anywhere in  montreal i wont get charged anything right ?    thanks for your help

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

That would be exactly right. That's why caller ID isn't free Wink

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8

hi I have another question it says that I have a bill for 233$ for invoice calling but I didn't do anything to make those calls.what do you think might of happened? thank you
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8
Former Moderator FidoFrank
Former Moderator

Hi Ragesh89,

It is hard to give you an answer here without being able to see the details of your invoice.  If you have looked at your online invoice but still are confused, you may give us a call or chat and we will be glad to help.  Here is how you can view your online invoice if you are registered:

-From your main "My Account" page on Fido.ca where you see all your info (and from where you can chat), click on the  Online billing link at the top right.

-From there, select "View invoice" from the top-most (or required) period of billing.

-Then, this brings you to the summary of your invoice.  At the top of that, you have a link called "View/Download PDF  invoice"

-This will open another window (or tab) with the actual invoice we see here.

-All the main details of any over usage and monthly service fees may be found on page 5.

Hope it helps.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

FidoFrank:

Maybe you could suggest to the powers that be that it would be a good idea to bring back the LCA maps. It would make explaining it much easier (especially in forums like this) by simply pointing them to a URL and explaining what they see,

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8
Former Moderator FidoFrank
Former Moderator

Hi 10yearfido,

Thank you for your ongoing contribution to the forum, for the users and us.  Indeed, we would like to have those back again.  I have inquired and the main reason they were removed is because these static image maps were not up-to-date and could lead to misinformations.  So, with that said, all I was told is; Stay tuned.

:robotvery-happy:

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8