incorrect over usage charges for long-distance calls

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

ostuser
I'm a Participant Level 2

I get a bill for $321 and I call FIDO to see what's happening, and they tell me I exceeded the 1000 long distance mins, but not by what the bill originally said which was 280 mins, but by around 143 mins. They said that was a system error. All this while, the usage in the FIDO app never crossed 1000 mins and I was checking that every time I made a long-distance call. So there has to be a bug in the app which caused this issue because if I knew I was going over 1000 mins, why would I make those calls.

The point is, if there was a system error because of which the extra usage came down from 280 mins to 143 mins, then why can't there be a bug in the app which showed me I still had about 100 mins left on the last day of my cycle. Also, if I hadn't called, then I wouldn't have even come to know about the system error.

This has to be addressed by the FIDO team.

3 REPLIES 3
FidoClaudia

Hey @ostuser,

Welcome to our Community!

I understand how this higher than usual invoice can be a surprise. I'll send you a PM to take a closer look. In the future, if you have any account related questions, you can also contact us here.

Talk to you soon.

ostuser
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank you. Have replied. Hoping for a solution now.

I've replied to your PM, we'll continue there Smiley