iPhone X

I'm a Participant Level 2 etalon16g
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone X

I was told by customer service that Fido does not plan on carrying the iPhone x because internal research shows that there wouldn't be enough demand. This is a joke right?... 

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone X

Hey everyone!

It’s official: There will be an opportunity for Fido customers to reserve iPhone X for in-store pick-up starting on Nov. 1. Fido customers will be able to reserve iPhone X through our reservation system and pick their device up in-store when it is ready for collection.

Customers can also purchase the device from one of our partners like Best Buy or Apple.

Our customers expressed strong interest in the device and we’re delighted to now be carrying it Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 1 petemj
I'm a Contributor Level 1

What!!

Fido might not ever not carry the Iphone X, will I  definately might think about not quitting when the time comes around to concider it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 91 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 1 Slvrfox
I'm a Participant Level 1

I totally get what everyone's saying, I'm also disappointed that Fido won't be carrying the iPhone X, ever or initially. I also understand the spin they're trying to put on it; I highly doubt they don't want to carry it, it's an issue being forced on them by their parent company, Rogers. But it's not like they're going to be able to give that excuse to the public.

For me personally, I'm probably going to stick with Fido and buy the iPhone X outright, but only because I was offered a smoking hot promo when I signed up years ago. At the time, Fido was offering a 6GB data plan for the price of 1GB. They've grandfathered me into this deal and we'll probably never see deals like that again. And while I certainly don't always use up the 6GB, I definitely hover in the 3-5GB range, so for me, sticking around is worth it. Switching to any other provider means paying an extra $20-25 per month for similar bandwidth which, after 2 years, is probably about what I'd save on the new iPhone, had I switched providers but received a lesser data plan.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 92 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 2 Nitrox

Please help me understand?

You don't provide support for the Apple Watch Series 3 LTE (which I own)...your parent company issued a statement that both Rogers and Fido won't support the apple watch eSim right away as you are focusing on getting new iPhones to as many clients as possible but now you don't carry the iPhone X which everyone has been waiting for.

It's very dissapointing...

I'm assuming that I will have to make a choice to stay or leave as Fido seems to make decisions after decisions that don't cater to my needs.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 93 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 2 Luigi_Angelo

I'm thinking the same way, been with fido for 8 years and now my contract is done. I will start looking in other company that offers iphone X if fido will not offer it on release date

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 94 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 2 fahim1881

I thought I was with Fido not Wind.....

Fido, your excuse is pathetic. This is insulting as a long time customer of yours.  1 day before the pre order release and your still not going to carry the iPhone x. Everything’s about making money there days I guess. For me switching to Telus is a no brainer. Also, fact Fido can’t tell us the real reason why they won’t be carrying it is really sad (which has been said earlier). Even though I don’t buy your excuse, I hope you reevaluate the ‘demand’ for this phone. 

Absolutely ridiculous, worst customer service 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 95 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 3 amaurosisfugax
I'm a Participant Level 3

This truly is very sad. I have been with fido for a long time as well and I have always been very pleasently surprised and happy when they have kept up with every new iphone model being released. This no doubt casts a very cloudy and stormy image over them and I am sure many people like myself are definitely thinking of switching carries for this reason.

It is sad that they will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars on customers switching to get the new iPhone X, when they are unwilling to keep up with the demand for new technology specially with a giant like Apple.

Sad.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 96 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 3 mileskor

I just got a text from a CSR from fido. It says:

"hi this is fido Great news! We heard you and weare happy to announce that starting November 3, 2017, weall carry the iPhone X at Fido! [CSR's name redacted] Fido"

Boom. We spoke, they listened.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 97 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 3 mileskor

The question now will be whether Fido can match Rogers and Bell with competitive plan prices. Ima tell you now, Fido: if your iPhone 64GB and 256GB are more than $599 or $799 on a 2 year contract, you'll still lose us.

That said, I understand your strategy. Theory 1: You wanted to see how the preorders would go. It's an expensive phone - I get it. If Canadians weren't biting, there'd be no reason to offer it. And now that it's up, and Canadians are buying it, you can see it's worth gettgin in on the action.

Theory 2: Maybe it's not as popular as originally projected. Maybe the amount of phones that Fido gets will be the remnants that Rogers couldn't sell? Maybe Fido is Rogers' way of cutting its losses?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 98 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 2 jscoys

Ok so we can call today to pre-order???

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 99 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 1 kfernandes29
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Just got off the phone with a CSR. Told me the same thing. Wise choice by them, they were about to lose a ton of customers. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 100 of 306