iPhone X

I'm a Participant Level 2 etalon16g
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone X

I was told by customer service that Fido does not plan on carrying the iPhone x because internal research shows that there wouldn't be enough demand. This is a joke right?... 

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone X

Hey everyone!

It’s official: There will be an opportunity for Fido customers to reserve iPhone X for in-store pick-up starting on Nov. 1. Fido customers will be able to reserve iPhone X through our reservation system and pick their device up in-store when it is ready for collection.

Customers can also purchase the device from one of our partners like Best Buy or Apple.

Our customers expressed strong interest in the device and we’re delighted to now be carrying it Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 1 huzzing
I'm a Contributor Level 1

So has anyone that ordered through fido actually received their X yet? I've moved up a couple of positions, but I suspect that is likely due to people ahead of me cancelling.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 261 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2 RYSEN09
I'm a Contributor Level 2

@huzzing wrote:

So has anyone that ordered through fido actually received their X yet? I've moved up a couple of positions, but I suspect that is likely due to people ahead of me cancelling.

Status still "OPEN" I am line 2 for Silver 256.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 262 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Briggzz

I highly doubt you guys will recive your iphone X soon, best guess is the 4th week of november. I haven’t cancelled my preorder either (Staying hopeful like u guys) but in my experience when i preordered the 6s it was shipped to the fido store a day or two before launch. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 263 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Briggzz

I’d call asap to find out b4 it’s too late if i were you, but as i stated previously i was notified via text msg from fido. Best buy will have access to this deal as long as it’s on YOUR own fido account. i suggest u bring it up before activation just incase it slips by them 🙂

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 264 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 2 arvindkanchi

I cancelled my preorder with Fido. I was number 12 for 256 silver. Happy with my ipx at Best Buy. Got it on a 0% interest 24 equal payments. I was able to use my Fido dollars too. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 265 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 2 mrheisman

Ok great, thanks for your help and quick reply!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 266 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 2 demure1984

Tried getting the phone through Apple reservation system at the store. The had the phone out and everything, wanted 799 up front for the 64GB version as opposed to tagging the cost on to the next bill?! This is not what two Fido reps told me. It's completely misleading. 

Guess I'll be putting up my 7+ up on Craigslist sooner rather than later.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 267 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 2 ckeehn

So my 2-year contract expired at the end of September and I had been holding off on renewing until the release of the iPhone X.  I have been a Fido customer for the past 16/17 years; however, the news about Fido not carrying the iPhone X made me start looking at other mobile companies.  Luckily Fido listened to their customer demands and is now carrying the iPhone X; however, when I look at the available plans I'm quite disappointed at what's available.

I am currently in on a $67/month max plan from a few years back.  Unlimited anytime calling within Canada, unlimited local and international texting, 2 gb data.  

I called in the other day to discuss my options and was told that if I elected to keep my current plan that my iPhone X 256gig would cost me $1529.  So basically I can renew my current contract and pay full price for my phone.  Doesn't sound all that attractive when I could just go with one of the Bring Your Own Phone plans (and save money on the $67 I pay).  The other option was to jack up my phone bill to $100/month for the same services that I have, but an extra 4 gigs of data.  The data is nice, but I don't necessarily need 6 gigs of data per month (I get by with 2, though wouldn't be opposed paying a bit extra for 3 or even 4).  

Running the numbers really didn't make much sense, and in comparison to some competitors doesn't really entice me to want to stay around.  I would of course prefer to continue with Fido, but based on the numbers it might be the right time to move on.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 268 of 306
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Good morning @ckeehn!

Welcome to the community Smiley 

We'd hate to see you go Sad Don't hesitate to get in touch with us so we can go over your upgrade options! If you prefer, we can send you a PM and check it out with you right here!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 269 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 2 ckeehn

Thanks for your response.  If someone could PM me that would be appreciated.  

Like I mentioned, I called a customer service rep and all she was able to do was re-read to me the options that I saw for myself online, so I'm hopeful that there is someone who can help me with a plan that actually makes sense.

Have a nice day Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 270 of 306