iPhone X

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone X

I was told by customer service that Fido does not plan on carrying the iPhone x because internal research shows that there wouldn't be enough demand. This is a joke right?... 

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone X

Hey everyone!

It’s official: There will be an opportunity for Fido customers to reserve iPhone X for in-store pick-up starting on Nov. 1. Fido customers will be able to reserve iPhone X through our reservation system and pick their device up in-store when it is ready for collection.

Customers can also purchase the device from one of our partners like Best Buy or Apple.

Our customers expressed strong interest in the device and we’re delighted to now be carrying it Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

@DjAztek wrote:

LOL if you really think your position will move for the launch date... I have a really good contact at apple and Fido (like most of the pther carrier) will NOT have any iPhone X for the launch date which is tomorrow. First of all, the numbers of units are very, very, VERY limited this years and secondly, the apple stores have the priority. So with that said, Fido will probably get less than a phone every week... like 1 or 2 every 2 weeks or so... if they are lucky.

I pre-ordered mine via apple.ca and pre-ordered one on Fido too just to see which one will comes first haha.
Its sad but thats true. Don't have false hope because you are like number 3 or 4... 

Last year I pre-ordered the iPhone 7 plus jetblack at fido too.. I was like number 5 or 6 and got it like more than 2 months after the launch date so... this years with much less units of iPhone X you better be patient! loll

Just wanted to told you the truth...

Wow, that really sucks... I guess I'll have to pre-order from Apple too then just to see which one shows up first Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 231 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

This all looks to me like a deliberate marketing trick. Apple wants to create a huge buzz around this device.

they can kiss my axx! I cancelled my order and stick with my iPhone 7. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 232 of 306
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

It is a Marketing trick and many people are falling for it. 

Apple deliberately make less than anticipated units to drive up demand and create national panic. That's how the whole Apple company lives by. Nobody cares about the Macbook, nobody cares about ipad, nobody cares about their Mac Pro. The only way for Apple to survive as a company is to bring noise to the iphone. 

Whether anyone is willing to admit or not, many of the "new" technologies available in the iphone X is available in their competitors years ago. It is nothing new or ground breaking. It does not cure cancer, it does not fix obesity, it does not cure AIDS. It is ONLY a phone, nothing more than plastic and glass. Chances is that the phone that is sitting in your pocket will run for another few years before it needs replacement. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 233 of 306
Highlighted

I just got a call from my local best buy where i had pre-ordered a iphone X 256 silver. They have reserved one for me and have booked an appointment for tomorrow. Totally didn't expect a call as i had just gone to BB last night to pre-order my phone. Anyone else got a call from Best buy?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 234 of 306
Highlighted

@arvindkanchi wrote:

I just got a call from my local best buy where i had pre-ordered a iphone X 256 silver. They have reserved one for me and have booked an appointment for tomorrow. Totally didn't expect a call as i had just gone to BB last night to pre-order my phone. Anyone else got a call from Best buy?

Nope, but seems like I should have gone down that route or just stayed up till 3AM on the 27th for the apple.ca release... God knows when Fido is getting their hands on some stock

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 235 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

The iPhone X doesn’t seem to be available for preorder on the Best Buy website i read in a post that it would be available for preorder on the Best Buy website. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 236 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

I'd be surprised if Fido has any for launch day: whether processing reservations OR in store.  They didn't even decide to carry the phone until 6 days ago, so they presumably had 0 stock allocated to them for the launch day.  So could be a few weeks for things to start moving.

It was the same for the iPhone 7 last year - it wasn't that they were sending out 2 or 3 phones a day (if your number was moving down, it likely was just people ahead of you cancelling).  It'll probably be a few weeks, then like 100 will go.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 237 of 306
Highlighted

Rogers can probably allocate some of the store stock to Fido for launch. Atleast for the reservations. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 238 of 306
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ham11,

Welcome to the community!

Best Buy is pre-order in store...

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator