iPhone X

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone X

I was told by customer service that Fido does not plan on carrying the iPhone x because internal research shows that there wouldn't be enough demand. This is a joke right?... 

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone X

Hey everyone!

It’s official: There will be an opportunity for Fido customers to reserve iPhone X for in-store pick-up starting on Nov. 1. Fido customers will be able to reserve iPhone X through our reservation system and pick their device up in-store when it is ready for collection.

Customers can also purchase the device from one of our partners like Best Buy or Apple.

Our customers expressed strong interest in the device and we’re delighted to now be carrying it Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Has anyone’s order status changed from “Open” 

With the launch being tomorrow I would guess that they would need to ship them today to the stores. 

Space Grey 256gb line position 3 = open

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 221 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Only, Fido is not offering the phone on a medium plan, despite having many of its "loyalty plans" as medium or small.

I'm not asking them to subsidize my iphone under a large plan for my cheaper plan, I'm just diapointed that there are no pricing options for my contract.

Fido is missing the point that loyaty programs are not supposed to punish loyal customer in exchange for a small discount.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 222 of 306
Highlighted

@BigK wrote:

With the launch being tomorrow I would guess that they would need to ship them today to the stores. 

Nope. It still shows as Open for me. Position 12 on Silver 256 GB. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 223 of 306
Highlighted

@BigK wrote:

Open.

Positon 2, 64GB Space Grey

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 224 of 306
Highlighted

Still open. iPhone Silver 64Gb, position 6.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 225 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@sabs94 wrote:

@BigK wrote:

Open.

What time was your confirmation email sent? I ordered the same model and am #19, but I got in even before 7am ET, so wondering what time you placed your order to be #2. Mine is still open as well.

Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 226 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

iPhone X 64 Go - 3rd position = Still open.

Fido please, move...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 227 of 306
Highlighted

LOL if you really think your position will move for the launch date... I have a really good contact at apple and Fido (like most of the pther carrier) will NOT have any iPhone X for the launch date which is tomorrow. First of all, the numbers of units are very, very, VERY limited this years and secondly, the apple stores have the priority. So with that said, Fido will probably get less than a phone every week... like 1 or 2 every 2 weeks or so... if they are lucky.

I pre-ordered mine via apple.ca and pre-ordered one on Fido too just to see which one will comes first haha.
Its sad but thats true. Don't have false hope because you are like number 3 or 4... 

Last year I pre-ordered the iPhone 7 plus jetblack at fido too.. I was like number 5 or 6 and got it like more than 2 months after the launch date so... this years with much less units of iPhone X you better be patient! loll

Just wanted to told you the truth...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 228 of 306
Highlighted

Has anyone here got confirmation that their device is about to be shipped or the status changed to “in progress”? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 229 of 306
Highlighted

@huzzing wrote:

@sabs94 wrote:

@BigK wrote:

Open.

What time was your confirmation email sent? I ordered the same model and am #19, but I got in even before 7am ET, so wondering what time you placed your order to be #2. Mine is still open as well.

Thanks!

I received my reservation confirmation email at 6:50AM ET

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 230 of 306