iPhone X

I'm a Participant Level 2 etalon16g
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone X

I was told by customer service that Fido does not plan on carrying the iPhone x because internal research shows that there wouldn't be enough demand. This is a joke right?... 

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone X

Hey everyone!

It’s official: There will be an opportunity for Fido customers to reserve iPhone X for in-store pick-up starting on Nov. 1. Fido customers will be able to reserve iPhone X through our reservation system and pick their device up in-store when it is ready for collection.

Customers can also purchase the device from one of our partners like Best Buy or Apple.

Our customers expressed strong interest in the device and we’re delighted to now be carrying it Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 2 shakes

@sabs94 wrote:

@shakes wrote:

Just wondering what time you reserved, because I'm 4th for the same model.

Not sure who that was directed at but I got my confirmation email at 6:50AM.

My model is the Space Grey 64GB and I'm in position 2.

Sorry, forgot to quote.  I was referring to BigK's post.  I got my confirmation email at 6:51AM.

Does anyone know what the line number is up to now?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 181 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 2 sabs94
I'm a Contributor Level 2

@shakes wrote:

@sabs94 wrote:

@shakes wrote:

Just wondering what time you reserved, because I'm 4th for the same model.

Not sure who that was directed at but I got my confirmation email at 6:50AM.

My model is the Space Grey 64GB and I'm in position 2.

Sorry, forgot to quote.  I was referring to BigK's post.  I got my confirmation email at 6:51AM.

Does anyone know what the line number is up to now?

I'm curious too. Would be nice if people kept updating this thread with that info along with updates regarding shipping. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 182 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 1 kfernandes29
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Is the position number the device model at each location? Or just each device model canada wide? It was always per store, wasnt it?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 183 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 2 BigK

Another thing to consider folks. iPhones don’t actually ship attached to a carrier. 

They either ship factory unlocked (Apple store full price) 

or tagged to bind to a carrier. Which means they will lock to whichever carrier they are activated on.

so what Fido / Rogers might do, take all the Rogers/ Fido phones they receive and give them to Rogers customers first & give us the “next” batch. It’s a little shady in my opinion but it would put them out ahead of the demand for their “premium” Rogers customers, albeit at the expense of us.. their “budget” brand customers. 

Just a theory, no hard facts. We won’t know till we see what happens on launch.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 184 of 306

@kfernandes29 wrote:

Is the position number the device model at each location? Or just each device model canada wide? It was always per store, wasnt it?

Seeing as you can change the pickup store anytime you wish before shipment, it's Canada-wide. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 185 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2 arvindkanchi

@asli1992 wrote:

i am 37th for 256gb Gray. I guess this will put me for 1-2 weeks later... Are they going to have some available for Friday on the launch day?

No idea on how long it will take.. any one here who have ordered through Fido in the past, please share your experience on how soon they ship.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 186 of 306

@BigK wrote:

Another thing to consider folks. iPhones don’t actually ship attached to a carrier. 

They either ship factory unlocked (Apple store full price) 

or tagged to bind to a carrier. Which means they will lock to whichever carrier they are activated on.

so what Fido / Rogers might do, take all the Rogers/ Fido phones they receive and give them to Rogers customers first & give us the “next” batch. It’s a little shady in my opinion but it would put them out ahead of the demand for their “premium” Rogers customers, albeit at the expense of us.. their “budget” brand customers. 

Just a theory, no hard facts. We won’t know till we see what happens on launch.

Interesting, however this is not what my friends nor I have experience with past iPhone releases. Circumstances could be different for the iPhone X though since Fido only decided to start carrying it this week. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 187 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 2 shakes

@sabs94 wrote:

@kfernandes29 wrote:

Seeing as you can change the pickup store anytime you wish before shipment, it's Canada-wide. 

Definitely is.  I have 3 lines on my account and in the past I reserved the same phone on two of them sent to 2 different stores.  The position in line changed by the same increment on each order.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 188 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 2 RYSEN09

Pre-ordered 2 IPhone 8+’ last September. Position in line was 150+ for both of them. Got it a week after I placed my order. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 189 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 1 kfernandes29
I'm a Contributor Level 1

In that case I'm sitting at 14th for 256GB Grey and 15th for 256GB Silver. Not bad.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 190 of 306