iPhone X

I'm a Participant Level 2 etalon16g
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone X

I was told by customer service that Fido does not plan on carrying the iPhone x because internal research shows that there wouldn't be enough demand. This is a joke right?... 

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone X

Hey everyone!

It’s official: There will be an opportunity for Fido customers to reserve iPhone X for in-store pick-up starting on Nov. 1. Fido customers will be able to reserve iPhone X through our reservation system and pick their device up in-store when it is ready for collection.

Customers can also purchase the device from one of our partners like Best Buy or Apple.

Our customers expressed strong interest in the device and we’re delighted to now be carrying it Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 1 kingair
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@FidoSamantha what new plans are coming out? I’ve been with fido 17 years. I’ve been off contract for 2 months now. Its interesting how my wife gets a call a few months ago and gets an upgraded phone and plan. I called right before my contract expired and they said that I wasn’t targeted for the loyalty upgrade. Pretty funny that I’m not loyal enough.

*** Edited title ***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 121 of 306
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hey @kingair!

We don't have the information in advance as to when, what and if new plans are coming out. 

As for targeted loyalty plans, these are offered based on a customer’s usage over the past 6 months. We can definitely take the time to look into your options but if you're waiting for the iPhone X, then it would be best to check it out when you're about to upgrade. 

If you'd still like me to take the time to look into your current options, let me know and I'll send you a PM Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 122 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 1 kingair
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@FidoSamantha Thanks for your responses! Great to see that customer service is alive! I will wait when the details come out for the IPhone X. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 123 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 1 Reymern
I'm a Participant Level 1

Will we be able to reserve an iPhone X without a contract obligation? I just want to buy it outright and stay with my current plan without tab

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 124 of 306
Former Moderator

Always @kingair Wink 

Sounds like a plan then! 

Talk soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 125 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 2 RYSEN09
I'm a Contributor Level 2

This is what I wanna know. I plan on just buying it outright too then just stay with my current plan.

Anyone?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 126 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 2 demure1984
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I find it a bit odd that some study showed potential lack of interest for the X. Did they conduct the study on two people?! X offers the biggest changes since any other generation iPhone, to say that it'd lack interest is absurd. 

Nevertheless it's good news Fido is on board!

I'll be ordering one for sure. 

If I remember correctly with the release of iPhone 7, I was 40th on the Fido reservation system it took nearly weeks for to move up a few spots. I strongly recommend Apple Reservation system folks, that's how I was able to hunt down a 7+ Plus last year. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 127 of 306
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @Reymern! What's up @RYSEN09 Smiley

Just wanted to let you know that I'm confirming the information and I'll be back as soon as I have the answer!

Stay tuned!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 128 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 fahim1881
I'm a Participant Level 2

What time will the iPhone x be available for prevorder on November 1st @FidoSamantha 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 129 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 3 goldie335
I'm a Participant Level 3

Great.  Walk into any apple store and buy one.  Not sure why on earth youd think fido will get you one faster then apple 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 130 of 306