iPhone X

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 etalon16g
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone X

I was told by customer service that Fido does not plan on carrying the iPhone x because internal research shows that there wouldn't be enough demand. This is a joke right?... 

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone X

Hey everyone!

It’s official: There will be an opportunity for Fido customers to reserve iPhone X for in-store pick-up starting on Nov. 1. Fido customers will be able to reserve iPhone X through our reservation system and pick their device up in-store when it is ready for collection.

Customers can also purchase the device from one of our partners like Best Buy or Apple.

Our customers expressed strong interest in the device and we’re delighted to now be carrying it Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 JulioNoel
I'm a Participant Level 1

I just got off the phone with a Fido rep and am extremly upset Fido is not offering the Iphone X. Seriously why would you not offer the best phone out there? it makes no sense. I have been a long time Fido customer and will be switching providers unless Fido decides to offer this phone. Fido, you are making a huge mistake and will loose customers by not offering the Iphone X. I hope with enough customer feed back you will change your mind and offer this phone by the release date.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 81 of 306
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @JulioNoel!

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We'd be sad to see you go Sad

If there are any other phones that interest you, let me know and I'll send you a PM so we can check it out.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 82 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 djmj

My 14 years with fido will sadly end on November 3rd, I’m glad my contract expired last month. Peace out fido and 👎 to your lame excuse on the demand when this phone will sell out like hotcakes while the 8’s are sitting on shelves!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 83 of 306
Highlighted

Hey @djmj

Welcome to the Community. 

We really wouldn't want to see you leave. Though we're not carrying this particular model, I'll be glad to check out other options with you! 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look together. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 84 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 NewAlf

I'm in the same boat. This is not worth sticking to Fido for. I will be turning over to Rogers when i Pre-register my Iphone X.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 85 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 kingair
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Has Fido changed its mine on carrying the  IPhone X? I’ve been with fido 18 years and it looks like its time leave. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 86 of 306
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive) FidoFaiza
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @kingair

We won't be carrying it as of the latest. Sorry Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 87 of 306
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

More iphone users moving away from Fido.

Heck.. I think what will happen is that comes Jan next year when the new unlock rules are in place, Fido (along with most if not all phone companies) will increase the rate for all their plans.  Since there are "some" money to be made, Fido will bring in the iphone X. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 88 of 306
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 dallen33
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Wait, this isn't a joke? Fido is *not* carrying the iPhone X?

See ya later!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 89 of 306
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2

Unfortunately at the present time Fido will not be carrying the Iphone X hopeful in the future but not at launch 😞

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 90 of 306