iPhone X

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 etalon16g
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone X

I was told by customer service that Fido does not plan on carrying the iPhone x because internal research shows that there wouldn't be enough demand. This is a joke right?... 

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone X

Hey everyone!

It’s official: There will be an opportunity for Fido customers to reserve iPhone X for in-store pick-up starting on Nov. 1. Fido customers will be able to reserve iPhone X through our reservation system and pick their device up in-store when it is ready for collection.

Customers can also purchase the device from one of our partners like Best Buy or Apple.

Our customers expressed strong interest in the device and we’re delighted to now be carrying it Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 306
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

Hello @etalon16g,

What I've learnt is that Fido representative are not allowed to speculate if they will or will not be getting a device.

If they will be getting a device they will announce it on the website, we will just have to keep an eye on the website.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 306
Former Moderator FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey @etalon16g and @KAPABLE-K,

While we’d like nothing more than to carry all the different models, the fact is, we make inventory decisions based on the purchasing trends we see from our customers.

Overall, we have a great selection of iPhones in different sizes and colours.

Hope that helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 306
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2

I spoke to customer service again today and they informed me the Fido does not have any intentions of releasing the Iphone X. They state that they make decisions based on supply and customer trends. I am really frustrated by this as the Iphone X is the flagship phone for Apple and I am sure that many people will want it.

It was recommended by Fido that anyone who would like to have the Iphone X to call in to Fido and have customer service make a note about it and have them send a request to head office!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 306
Former Moderator FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Re: Iphone X

Hi there @jilits

Thanks for getting in touch!I

If you wish to buy a specific phone model that we do not offer, I can understand your dissapointment there. To clarify something: we never know in advance when phones will be newly lauched, or what phone models will be available, in advance!

We encourage all customers to keep an eye on Fido.ca/phones for any changes or updates there! I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to the team in charge; I can't garantee any changes (in terms of what phones we offer) will come of it any time soon. We're always open to receiving opinions and feedback about phone models of course Smiley Thanks again for sharing your input! 

Let me know if I can help with anything else for today.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 306
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2

Thank you for your reply! 

I do really hope fido launches the Iphone X

It would be a great phone which i guarantee!! lots of fido customers will want to have! 

I know CSR reps have said they wont be carrying the phone and i truly believe this is a huge mistake!

I do hope that my request is considered

I know for a fact the your two biggest competitors Virgin and Koodo will have it so I hope you guys will as well!

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 306

Your feedback and input is definitely appreciated @jlits!

Another option would be to get the phone at its no-term price from Apple directly and use it with a BYOP plan Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 306
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2

I appreciate the suggestion, however for me to have to spend close to 1400 dollars on a phone which Fido should 100 percent carry does not make sense at all. What makes more sense to me is that I stay with Fido renew my plan with you guys which I would be happy to do and have Fido carry the iPhone X. 

Thats what I would call customer service and provider loyalty. 

I have been with Fido since you were microcell technologies and never wanted to switch to your parent company, so I continue to trust that the team at Fido will reevaluate their product lineup and like other smaller providers carry the iPhone X and also be ready for reservations starting October 27th.

Thank you @FidoClaudia for your consideration and attention to this matter!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 306
I'm a Participant Level 1 Luvdestiny
I'm a Participant Level 1

I called Fido on the day that iPhone x was announced and the customer service told me that Fido will not release the iPhone x on release date. I went from being very excited for the iPhone x to very very sad and disappointed. First of all, I waited a year not renewing my contract after it expired so that I can get the new iPhone x. I don't want to switch my plan as I have one of the older plans and it's not offered anymore. The byop plans are not as economical/good as my plan. Even the agent on the phone told me I should keep my plan. I'm also on the verge of jumping ship. Being a Fido customer since I was 13 years old, 16 years ago, I can't believe this is what Fido has to offer to its loyal customers. Especially when the Kodoo and virgin mobile are going to carry the iPhone x. I hope Fido will do something to rectify this situation and solve the frustration felt by many like me. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Falix
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I hope they reconsider their decision as well! I have been with Fido now for more than 7 years and I want to get the iPhone X but if they won't carry it, I will have to switch to a competitor which I don't really want to...

Anyways, is there a date where Fido will officially let the public know if they carry it or not?

Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 306

Hey @Falix and thanks for reaching out.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.

For now, the Iphone X won't be available.

If there is any change in the future, you will see the update on Fido.ca.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 306
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Falix
I'm a Contributor Level 1

So that means, that as of now, Fido decided to not carry it for the launch date but there might be a chance that they will change their minds and will have it in their portfolio?

Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 306

Hey @Falix!

We can confirm that we will not be carrying the phone, however our lineup is always subject to change.

If by chance anything changes, the info will be on Fido.ca

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 306
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2

Hey @FidoNick @FidoKenny do you guys not realize how ridiculous it is that you wont be launching the newest iphone. You launched the samsung galaxy S8 and S8 plus those are Samsungs top of the line phones! So not sure why you wouldnt for the iphone X.

Again like i have said before, i believe Fido is making a major mistake on the decision and its going to cost Fido customers whom of which have been loyal for a very long time.

I would make sure managment understands the frustration its customers have and that they could loose customers over this.

I myself am extremly tech savy, and always want the newest devices. I feel at this point Fido is boxing me into a corner and that I may have to make a change (something I would never have dreamed of)

What is the value of a customer if they are no longer a customer over a product lineup decision

"based on internal decisions on trends you see from your customers"

Which customers who are eligible for an upgrade wouldnt want Apples newest and best phone?

Thanks!  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 306
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Thanks for your feedback @jlits!

We'll forward it to the team in charge of our devices. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 306