iPhone Visual Voice Mail not supported by Fido anymore?!?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone Visual Voice Mail not supported by Fido anymore?!?

Hello,

On the weekend I purchased an iPhone 5s from the Apple store and when I click on the voicemail button in the phone app it dials a number and doesn't show me my messages.  I've had an iPhone for about 5 years and VVM is a great feature.

I called Fido yesterday and the first person on the phone told me I had to download an app for visual voice mail to work on my iPhone.  I think he must have been confused because I think that's an android app.  So I said I would go into one of the kiosks and show someone.

Then I called back 20 minutes later and another CSR said I just needed to dial my voicemail number and then set it up from within there.  All the options in the voicemail were for setting up the regular voicemail, nothing to do with VVM.

I called back after lunch and then spend close to an hour on the phone while another person tried to help me, eventually transferring me to someone else, who told me that Visual Voice Mail for iPhone was no longer supported by Fido.  In fact they discontinued support over a year ago.  I couldn't believe my ears!!!  I had VVM on my iPhone 5 before it broke last week.

My question is this . . . Has Fido discontinued support for Visual Voice Mail on the iPhone?  and if it did why are they still selling it as an add-on on the web site?  and why did it take the 4th person and over an hour of my time before someone realized this?!?

Can anyone from the Fido community help me out?  Has anyone else purchased a new iPhone over the last few weeks with Fido?  Is your VVM working?

Thanks.

Yotam Tintpulver

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone Visual Voice Mail not supported by Fido anymore?!?

Do you have the 4$ value pack for the visual voicemail? Or is it a special old plan with VVM included in it?

If it is the 4$ value pack, make sure it is the visual voicemail. Maybe somebody did a mistake during the upgrade and gave you the android voice to text one.

If it is the visual voicemail for iphones, ask them to remove it and then re add it ( will delete all voicemails that you have tho).

If the VVM is included in the plan then it gets a little bit more complicated than that.

Im sorry if you spoke to some agents that probably didn't know how to fix it, but removing it and re-adding it should solve the issue.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1
Solution

Do you have the 4$ value pack for the visual voicemail? Or is it a special old plan with VVM included in it?

If it is the 4$ value pack, make sure it is the visual voicemail. Maybe somebody did a mistake during the upgrade and gave you the android voice to text one.

If it is the visual voicemail for iphones, ask them to remove it and then re add it ( will delete all voicemails that you have tho).

If the VVM is included in the plan then it gets a little bit more complicated than that.

Im sorry if you spoke to some agents that probably didn't know how to fix it, but removing it and re-adding it should solve the issue.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Unfortunately every rep you've spoken to has given you the wrong info it seems. VVM for iPhone does not require any dialling, it is purely data. And is completely unrelated to the android app or any app for that matter.

Call them back and explain that you bought the phone directly from Apple and that you want the IMEI associated with your account and VVM. This is done automatically when you buy the phone from the carrier but sometimes needs to be manually configured when you buy elsewhere.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

Thanks Roskov, I called in and spoke with Kevin, who was great.  He checked a few settings them I told him about your suggestion, and after adding and removing it now works!!

Finally, thanks again.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

Thanks 10yearfido, they checked the Imea and it was fine.

Roskov's solution worked.

Thanks again!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5