iPhone 7 plus on backorder.

SOLVED
Biggy204
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I made an order on Thursday through a PM via Twitter with a Fido rep and searching theough here ai notice people who did reservations have yet to get their phones. Which makes me think my hardware upgrade is going to be pushed back even further. I ordered a iPhone 7 Plus 128GB in silver and got the email about it being on back order and Fido already used my Fido dollars towards the hardware upgrade when I don't have any notification about the phone being shipped only the "backorder". So kinda confused here, makes me think I should've just did the hardware upgrade at a apple store and have the phone already.

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 7 plus on backorder.

Solved by Former Moderator FidoJessica

Hey @Biggy204!

Thanks for reaching out! I hear you at 100% specially if you were expecting to get the phone sooner! One thing is for sure, you'll be getting the phone, however there will be a slight delay. As soon as we have the tracking number , we'll send you an email with the information. 

I hope this helps!

View solution in context
28 REPLIES 28
Biggy204

Its been about two weeks now and I still haven't got any news... 😭
Biggy204

I finally got an email from fido, but nothing about shipment info, only about my account changes to affect the 2 year term renewal and what I have to pay. All in the while not receiving the phone yet Sad

Hey @Biggy204,

I understand where you're coming from! The model is really popular, but I assure you that your order will be treated as soon as we receive more stock Smiley

Also, a few emails are sent out once you order a phone:

• When your order is placed.
  • When your order is shipped which includes the tracking number for you to track the order.

Hope this helps!

Biggy204

Thanks @FidoClaudia,

I just got the shipping/tracking email a couple of hours ago Smiley looks like I may be getting it sometime after christmas since nothing gets shipped during the christmas long weekend.

Appreciate all the help you guys are doing.

That's awesome news @Biggy204 Smiley

Hope you'll enjoy your new phone!

We're happy to help, anytime! 

Biggy204

@FidoClaudia,

One more question, do I need to activate a new SIM card or can I just pop in my SIM from my current phone (iPhone 6 Plus) as they both use the same size SIM card? I'm asking because it also seems as my iPhone 7 Plus is being shipped with a new SIM card.

Hey @Biggy204!

You can just use the same SIM card if it's the same size but you're also welcome to activate a new one if you'd like. it's your call Smiley

Biggy204

@FidoChristina,

So basically I can keep the extra SIM card incase something goes wrong with mine and then activate the other one?

For sure! I think that's a smart move Smiley

Biggy204

I am not going to be surprised to see the phone get shipped next year.... for a phone that is "on demand" yet in stock at most stores (ex apple stores). Makes me think Fido does not order much for their wearhouses that handle online orders. Back to in store hardware upgrades for me in the next two years.
Biggy204

No new news or update yet on the whole backorder thing.

Hey @Biggy204!

As soon as the device is shipped, you'll get an email notificattion Smiley 

Be sure to also check your junk mail just in case!

- FidoChristina

Biggy204

Nothing in the junk mail folder, its almost 2 weeks now with no new news though.

Hey @Biggy204

We appreciate all of your patience, it should not be too much longer before updates become available and sent to you by email. 

Biggy204

It seems today Fido sends emails about me having a new phone already (and telling me how to give friends sweet deals by keeping my current phone), when a) the order is still "in progress" and on "back order", b) no news about when my phone will be sent except for "soon" and c) it makes me more anxious for a phone I probably won't get sent this year Sad

I'm still hoping it comes before the Christmas long weekend. Even though the chances of that happening is probably really slim.

Hi @Biggy204, has anyone checked the status of your order for you since you've received that e-mail?

Let me know if you'd like me to send you a PM. Smiley

Biggy204

Hi @FidoMaria,

No one has checked the status of my hardware upgrade order. Would be nice to find out though thanks Smiley

@Biggy204 Alright! Sending you a PM. Smiley

Biggy204

@FidoMaria, I just sent a PM back with the info required.

@Biggy204 Got it, thanks! Smiley