iPhone 7 plus on backorder.

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

iPhone 7 plus on backorder.

I made an order on Thursday through a PM via Twitter with a Fido rep and searching theough here ai notice people who did reservations have yet to get their phones. Which makes me think my hardware upgrade is going to be pushed back even further. I ordered a iPhone 7 Plus 128GB in silver and got the email about it being on back order and Fido already used my Fido dollars towards the hardware upgrade when I don't have any notification about the phone being shipped only the "backorder". So kinda confused here, makes me think I should've just did the hardware upgrade at a apple store and have the phone already.

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 7 plus on backorder.

Hey @Biggy204!

Thanks for reaching out! I hear you at 100% specially if you were expecting to get the phone sooner! One thing is for sure, you'll be getting the phone, however there will be a slight delay. As soon as we have the tracking number , we'll send you an email with the information. 

I hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 29
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey @Biggy204!

Thanks for reaching out! I hear you at 100% specially if you were expecting to get the phone sooner! One thing is for sure, you'll be getting the phone, however there will be a slight delay. As soon as we have the tracking number , we'll send you an email with the information. 

I hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 29
Highlighted

Thanks for the swift reply jessica, another question is how long is the "slight delay" roughly? I hope it isn't too long, never did an upgrade online before so this is my first time doing so. Usually I do my hardware upgrades in store at Besy Buy/Fido/Apple stores.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 29
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey! Not aware of the exact time frame as of yet, but crossing my fingers that it's soon enough! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 29
Highlighted

So basically, i probably have to wait til next year for the phone (since we are being kept in the dark about rough estimates). What I find wierd is that you guy already took my FidoDOLLARS (which was a little over $56) already for a phone that is still on back order. A part of me thinks I should've just went to a fido retail store or at the apple store where they have stock which now I cannot due because I think my FidoDOLLARS are not reversable at this point even if I cancel my hardware upgrade renewal (since it already went towards a the iphone that has no release date on restocks except for "soon" in your werehouse).

I'm actually really suprised that there is still delays for the iPhone 7/plus since its been over a month or two now it's been released (especially when stores have it in stock already by now). You would think that there would be a decent amount of stock already. Or did it sell out from people buying that $40 promo plan that Fido had in BC.

Makes me not want to order via online anymore when a new phone comes out on my next renewal time.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 29
Highlighted

@Biggy204

I hear you.

Sorry to see this happened. 

We are always working in getting stocks available for our customers. But since it's phone in high demand, it can happen that the device ends up being out of stock.

Your understanding is appreciated. As soon as the device is shipped, you will get a notification by email with the tracking number.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 29
Highlighted

I hardly doubt it's because of high demand, it's more because you guys have not ordered enough phones for your wearhouse to work with the demand. Especially when retailers like the Apple store and other licenced Fido dealerships have stock on the phone. When this contract is over I'll be back to going in-store to upgrade my phone and renew my contract instead of doing the whole online upgrading. Only reason I did this online via your twitter support account this time, is that I work over nights and sleep during the days. So I thought this would be the easier thing to do.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 29
Highlighted

Its been about a week since I made my hardware upgrade/renewal order (last Thursday), no word yet about the status of the backorder. Hopefully it comes before chrstmas, to try the camera out during Christmas family dinners. But still highly skeptical on that happening Sad
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 29
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Biggy204!

I totally understand where you're coming from! I'm sending positive vibes your way and hopefully you'll get it in no time! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 29
Highlighted

It seems today Fido sends emails about me having a new phone already (and telling me how to give friends sweet deals by keeping my current phone), when a) the order is still "in progress" and on "back order", b) no news about when my phone will be sent except for "soon" and c) it makes me more anxious for a phone I probably won't get sent this year Sad

I'm still hoping it comes before the Christmas long weekend. Even though the chances of that happening is probably really slim.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 29