iPhone 6S iOS 10.0.1 upgrade problem

SOLVED
ChiKam
I'm a Participant Level 3

I upgraded my iPhone 6S to iOS 10.0.1 last night using iTunes and it seems that upgrade was completed. However after the upgrade, the phone just keep searching for network. I went to settings and look at About and it said network unavailable and carrier is Fido (null). I tried reboot the phone and remove and reinsert the SIM card but can't fix the problem. I have a backup so I reset my phone with Erase All Content and Settings this morning hoping to reset the phone back to factory state and recover it with my backup. Unfortunately, when I connect my phone to iTunes, it said my phone has problem and need to contact services. Is contacting services my only option now? Should I bring it to Fido or Apple Store?

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 6S iOS 10.0.1 upgrade problem

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 3 ChiKam

I just did and it turns out that the problem is related to my old SIM card (over 10 years old) that probably can't be recognized after upgrading iOS although it is still working on my old iPhone 5 with iOS 9.3.2.  Anyway after getting a new SIM card, my 6S is back to normal now.  Problem solved!

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hi @ChiKam

If your phone is now not responding to itunes and you are unable to reset or recover it then I would suggest you take it to an Apple store and let them know what happen and they should be able to sort it out quickly.

ChiKam

I just did and it turns out that the problem is related to my old SIM card (over 10 years old) that probably can't be recognized after upgrading iOS although it is still working on my old iPhone 5 with iOS 9.3.2.  Anyway after getting a new SIM card, my 6S is back to normal now.  Problem solved!

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Thanks so much for keeping us posted @ChiKam , this is definitely going to help!

ChiKam

Dear Moderator, hope you can help edit a typo on my previous post.  I mean to say the SIM card probably can't be recognized after upgraded to iOS 10.0.1, thanks!

Hey @ChiKam

You can edit your posts at anytime by clicking on the arrow to your right and then click on edit reply! You can then correct or edit your replies at anytime !

Hope this helps Smiley

@FidoJessica no we can not edit the post at anytime after a short period or if someone post after we can no longer edit our post.

Thanks! @KAPABLE-K