iPhone 6S - Position in Line

SOLVED
thelazypolygon
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Seeing as how stoked I am for the phone, I decided to make this thread to see who ordered what and the position they are in line. 

I'm #47 for iPhone 6S Silver 64 GB. Think there's a chance I'll get it day 1? I don't really mind waiting a few days. 

How about you? What number are you? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 6S - Position in Line

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey thelazypolygon!

We can't guarantee anything but fingers crossed you get it soon after launch! Maybe even day one. Wink

View solution in context
91 REPLIES 91
Kamina22
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I been position 4 ever since the first day of pre order, ordered the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB gold, status still shows open, so frustrated....why is it so hard to get the Plus out to the store ?

Hey Kamina22,

I unerstand it's frustrating and we're working as fast as possible to dispatch the phones. As soon as we receive them, we're sending them out.

John88
I'm a Participant Level 1

Position #15 now for the iPhone 6S plus 64gb rose gold. As of this second, it's still at "OPEN" status.. Sad sad sad.. Send me the phone already
Holla865023
I'm a Participant Level 3

@dainelr which Apple Store did you go to? I was at the Eaton store.
danielr
I'm Helpful Level 2

@Holla865023 I got mine from the Square One Mall location; in Mississauga.

LoL'ed at the Apple Staff; they were literally handing out apples to customers LMAO. Smiley

Holla865023

@danielr wanted to add that when I told the rep that I called Fido and they said I could use my Fido dollars through an Apple reservation... AND showed him your post in this forum that another user was able to apply dollars towards an unlocked phone purchase... the reply I got? "Anyone can post on this forum right? How sure are you that it is fact or fiction?". I was like, you don't have to be rude about it. 

***Edited for language***

chero917

@Holla865023 the Mod in this thread (http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/24501) seems to think that we can use our fido dollars... getting really confused between different answers between Fido employees Sad

Hey chero917!

Sorry for any confusion!

You won't be able to use your FidoDOLLARS if you're buying the phone already unlocked from Apple. If you use your FidoDOLLARS towards your upgrade, the phone will be locked to the Fido network. 

Hope this helps!

sassysaphire

Will I be able to use Fidodollars if I buy an unlockedphone in Fido? 

Hi sassysaphire. Smiley

If you use your FidoDOLLARS™, the phone will be locked to Fido.

Cheers!

Holla865023

@danielr, you got really lucky then. I tried again today at Fairview and was met with the same answer. That I cannot use my Fido Dollars towards an unlocked iPhone purchase. Only way is if I'm recontracting or upgrading to a locked Fido phone. And when I told them I don't mind getting a locked phone since I'm on Fido anyway, they said, oh you need to reserve the phone via Fido instead and get it at a Fido store. SO FRUSTRATING!

Perhaps I'll try at Square One tomorrow but given my luck, I think I'll face the same issue.

Holla865023

Warning for those who think they can use their Fido-dollars in-store: I reserved an unlocked iPhone 6s from Apple in-store on Day1, went to pick it up, and the Apple reps said I cannot use my Fido-dollars towards the phone unless I reserve it through Fido. Utterly disappointed coz I have received conflicting information both on this forum as well as when I called Fido Answers.
BaAb
I'm a Participant Level 2

I just picked up a 6s plus at the apple store today. They were able to apply my fido dollars as well as the negotiated fido contract at the apple store. 

ethelaitea

May I ask which apple store you go to? Thanks

BaAb

@ethelaitea wrote:

May I ask which apple store you go to? Thanks

I went to the apple store at fairview mall in toronto

danielr
I'm Helpful Level 2

@Holla865023 I was also able to use my Fido Dollars at the Apple store without any obligation to change my old plan from many years ago. Got the phone unlockcked; and the bill was applied to my Fido account. You must have had an Apple employee who is a noob and doesn't know how to do their job properly.

Ashrafz

Just cancelled my reservation. Found a 6s+ 64GB gold in the Ajax Best Buy. Got it from there. Good luck everyone else.

danielr
I'm Helpful Level 2

I picked up my 128GB Gold iPhone 6S Plus at the Apple Store this morning. Smiley They were able to bill it directly to my Fido account; without any obligation to renew my plan. Very happy, get to keep my awesome smartplan, and don't have to wait on the Fido reservation system even though I'm #13 in line on there. My dad is also very happy because I gifted him my old 128GB gold iPhone 6 Plus.

Using the new one to type this message. Smiley It's VERY fast & easy to tell apart new photos & 4K videos from this new 12MP camera vs the old 8 MP camera.

Guess all that's left to do now is to cancel my pre-order with Fido, so whoever was #14 & above will move down by 1 spot. Hope you all get yours soon & good luck!
kristined

@danielr Congrats! Did you have to preorder from Apple to get the phone and how did they price your phone? 

danielr
I'm Helpful Level 2

Yes, I pre-ordered it through Apple, had an appointment at 10:30am to get the phone. They just billed my Fido account full price of the phone; unlocked and they also used my Fido dollars towards it.