iPhone 6S Plus Reservations

Codermonk
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hey all,

I am as giddy as a kid at Christmas for my new phone but worried that the apparent shortage of parts will affect out preorders. For the 6S+ reservers, what is your status and does anyone see theirs in progress yet?

I am #59 in line now (just dropped from #67, no idea why, maybe some did ship) for a 64gb Grey.

49 REPLIES 49
Kxhcuf
I'm a Contributor Level 1

So I'm still waiting at #1 for my SG 128 6s+ and it's been 3 weeks. I think Rogers/Fido forgot about this list.
KSmith2112

I don't think they've forgotten, exactly.  They'll get to you when they get stock in.  What I do know for sure is that until they do get stock, you won't hear anything from them at all, either by way of apology for it taking a long time or a simple status update.  It's very likely that Fido has no idea when they'll get stock in anyway, but it is very frustrating that there's absolutely no communication.  Last time I ever reserve anything from Fido directly (in fact, this will likely be the last phone I ever get with them period).

Kamina22

they just gonna give it to a new customer to lure him/her into fido...all pre orders gotta wait forever for the phone
ethelaitea

I has been stucked in "in progress" for a week now, still no shipping yet. It is really killing me for waiting this process. Really can't understand why Fido takes so long to process. I read from Rogers forum, they changed from "in progress" to "shipped" only one day! This is really ridiculous!!!

Kamina22

that's all you guys say to customers to pre ordered the phone. The fact is you guys got a whole bunch phones, but wants to lure new customers in, so instead of giving the phones to the old customer who pre ordered the phone, you guys gave them to all the new customers. Stop lying to us and think we are stupid

Kxhcuf

I'm curious if Rogers, Bell and Tellus are also having difficulties getting stock of this specific model.  I know last year, the SG 6+ 128 was very constrained even at Apple Stores.  I'm wondering if it's the same this year with the SG 6s+ 128 or if it's just a Fido thing.

orionoreo

So Scarborough Town Centre just called and my 6s+ 64gb grey arrived. I already got one so I cancelled it. Don't know if it moves to another person but there should be one in stock right now Smiley

Kamina22

8 weeks? that's messed up.......
Kxhcuf

Forgot to specify, 6s+ Space Grey 128gb.
Kxhcuf

I've been #1 for a 6S+ Space Grey for the past week and a half. I doubt there's been any allocation since then otherwise I would've gotten one. Any movement you guys are seeing is likely due to people leaving the reservation line for whatever reason. I have seen stock at Apple Stores pop up quite frequently. Personally I'm still waiting for Fido because 1) I already have a 6+, and 2) I want an upgrade subsidy and usage of Fido dollars and getting those have been hit and miss at the Apple Stores. I also have a valuable grandfathered plan which I don't really want Apple screwing up. I do concur with the general displeasure on the lack of communication. One of the clerks at the Fido kiosk did mention to expect a wait up to 8 weeks. But take that with a grain of salt.
Kamina22

exactly,
I been waiting in Scarborough, and it looks like they didn't even receive one iPhone 6s+ 128gb...
orionoreo

So my understanding is that there was a drop of stock today. I was refreshing the reservation of 6s + on Apple's website today and they had stock in a bunch of Montreal/Ottawa stores as well as a few Toronto ones.

My reservation 64gb grey going to Scarborough also went into progress. Unfortunately/fortunately I found a 128gb grey at a local Best Buy and got it over with. Good luck everyone!

Matisa
I'm a Participant Level 1

Feels like a marketing tactic to prevent clients from jumping ship. They allow them to reserve an iphone eventhough they don't have any stocks. Thinking you are going to receive the iphone shortly you don't look around to find better deals. 

KSmith2112

Yeah, their approach leaves a little to be desired.  I am currently at around 130 in line for a 6S+ Space Grey, 128GB - there was a small drop last week of around 30, but it hasn't changed since Thursday or so.  I noticed that the Apple Store website shows that there are more stores with more silver coloured phones in stock, so I started up a chat session just to find out if the line for that phone is shorter in the Fido reservation system.  The response was along the line of "the website handles that, we don't know".  That's ridiculous, but I'm not surprised.  Fido just doesn't know how to handle reservations, at least by way of being open with communication.  If there's a shortage or delay or something along those lines, they stay silent and just let it run its course, while those of us looking forward to a new phone just have to sit and watch that place in line stay where it is for weeks.

So here I am, I might be able to get a silver phone sooner (honestly, I don't mind silver or grey), but if I try to swap and the line is longer, then I lose my current place in line.  Just a little more transparency and communication with this stuff would really help Fido's image in its own customers' eyes, because right now they aren't looking that good to me.

Kxhcuf

Any idea when the grey 128 pluses will arrive?
testest
I'm a Participant Level 2

#28 for 64G 6+ and the line hasn't moved at all for the last few days. Is there a shortage on the device?

chero917
I'm a Participant Level 3

At #182 for rose gold 128 plus... my original number was 192.

chatted with a fido agent online yesterday and has told me that all the pluses are sold out and they're waiting for shipment from apple and ETA unknown.

this agent has also told me that whichever pick up location you first choose, you're tied to that location, and so because they didn't ship anything to north york, which was my first pick up location, now i won't be able to get my phone until they ship something there, even when i now changed my location to downtown toronto. 

finding that policy a little ridiculous, because what he basically had said then is that all the shipment that fido had for the phones were sent to downtown toronto and now they're sold out. why is there a priority in region? you guys should ship the phones out based on when the customer has reserved the phone instead. 

testest
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for sharing. I also reserved the phone for a store in North York, looks like it's going to take a while then. What's the point of "lining up" if they give priority to certain store locations?! 

Hey guys! 

Actually, that's not at all how it works. Sorry for the confusion.

You can actually change the pick up location as long as your reservation status is open.  It's not per store or that wouldn't be fair Smiley 

The number assigned for the reservation is based by Brand (Fido), new customers vs. existing customers reservation and SKU across Canada. Example: If an existing customer reserves an iPhone 5 64GB Black and is designated number 200, this is position 200 on the waiting list for that specific model across Canada, within existing Fido customers only. 

Hope this helps! 

yycsean
I'm a Participant Level 3

So, wait, does that mean new customers are given a higher priority than customers who, for example, have been with you for nearly a decade and whose contract are up for renewal?