iPhone 6 reservation status change?

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

Falix
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi, does anybody for any iPhone 6 has a different status than "open" already? Mine is still open and I'm 369 in line for an iPhone 6 space grey 64gb.
One more thing, coming from an iPhone 4, I guess I have to order the nano SIM in a Fido store now, right?
Thanks.

1,232 REPLIES 1,232
DeonPersaud

Just got the call. Going to pick up my iPhone 6 64GB space grey at markville
Scherwixk
I'm a Participant Level 1

Still no delivery to Langley BC stores.
IW
I'm a Participant Level 2

Yup still waiting for my reservation to show up there too... what a joke this is. I thought by reserving it would some how prioritize a phone... wrong ;(
Mustafas
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Just called a bunch of stores.  Plenty of 6 available to even walk ins but the have yet to receive any plus models.  I called 9 stores.

anthonyosei

>>Just called a bunch of stores. Plenty of 6 available to even walk ins but the have yet to receive any plus models. I called 9 stores.

Exactly.

Waiting for your Fido Reservation is pretty pointless at this point.
skipper

Hey Anthony, 

What stores have it available as a walk in?

Mayur

Hey guys,

I was 30 position Iphone Plus Silver 64gb for the past week. And remained in the OPEN position. I reserved at 6:01am on Sept 12th. Unfortunately as you know, Fido has not been able to have the 6 PLus phones available for all of us who reserved it which was dissapointing.

This morning i went to the Apple store in London and got my hands on a 64gb Iphone 6 plus in silver. I purchased it from them and cancelled my Fido reservation right then.

The rep at the Apple store said they have more than enough stock, so try calling a store near you. Good luck. 

KSmith2112

I think the fact that the list is national rather than regional is a major frustration, at least for those of us on the west coast.  I reserved my phone at 5:00 am on the 12th and ended up being around #440 on the list.  That means that, based on my location, I'll be waiting that much longer.  I tried reserving earlier, but the system wouldn't let me.  So, does that mean that the time the started taking reservations was region-based?  I've seen people post from Ontario saying that they reserved at 6:00 am., but I tried at around then (3:00 my time) and it wouldn't let me.

Am I wrong about this, or did us west-coasters get screwed over?  Did any west-coaster here manage to reserve any earlier than 5:00am?

GlutenBoy

Just called the store where my reserved iPhone 6 is supposed to go (still in progress btw), the guy said that he only received 2 reserved iPhone 6 that's it.

I didn't ask which models, but I have a feeling they were not pluses.

This is a store in Gatineau near Ottawa btw.

adfadfadsfaaa

Reserved at 2am for 64gig grey 6, went from 111-97th and now stuck at in progress.
prairie_dog

Fido dropped ball this time. Time to switch my loyalty
apesta

Ups screw up my iPhone shipment. I bought one off apple store online and it is still in Ontario. What a day o disappointment
Marcusramsamooj

Fairview as well I just called as well parkway mall and they both haven't received any shipments today from UPS.
Mustafas

im waiting on a 128 plus silver position 14 still open status.  if i knew Fido was going to be such a friggin joke I would have reserved with Apple instead and would be using my device now.  This whole reservation scam is so customers dont go to apple directly.

BTW i am number 14.....lol   Fido SHame on you for treating a 12 year loyal customer that way.

My spigen Iphone 6+ case is on its way to my home from ebay... wait, i do not have a phone............. Fido it's time your reps come to this thread and give us a ETA.
anthonyosei

Guys TBooth at Dufferin Mall has Fido iPhone 6's and 6+'s in stock.

Why exactly are we waiting for Fido's faulty reservation system at this point?
peekay

I believe it's Apple which allocates the reserved iPhones.  Fido simply takes the reservations and passes the info to Apple.

Apple gets to decide how many units of each type gets sent to which providers -- worldwide.  There is always going to be a shortage on launch day and not everyone will be happy.   There's very little Fido or Rogers or Bell or Telus can do to change this.

The Toronto Queen West store just called me a few minutes ago letting me know that UPS just dropped off their shipment.  So for those of you expecting shipment today, the delivery trucks are still en route to various store locations.

GpH
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Location doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. I live in Toronto and still stuck at "In Progress".
Ngodza

Hey guys,

I reserved a 6+ 64G and I moved from #260 to #203 now. I just bought a 6, 128G as a walk in at Best Buy (Edmonton, Alberta) and the line up was short. Apparently they dont have the 6+ and 6 (64G). I was confused about the size but I am happy with my 6, I think its the perfect size for me. I used the 6+ demo at the shop and it doesnt look too big but I will stick to the 6. 

Good luck everyone, Fido let us down this time around though

stavic

Same for me GPH, if Im not stucking at work I would go out to bestbuy and line up to get one. fido is working too fast so peopel couldnt follow them
Tiki
I'm a Participant Level 3

Got my iphone 6 half an hour ago setting it up now. I was #105 for 64GB grey. They had no phones for walk-ins, only for reserved. That being said, I was the only person in the store for a phone. Good luck everyone.