iPhone 6 Reservation

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

iPhone 6 Reservation

iPhone 6 Reservation

cbeech1980
I'm a Contributor Level 1

iPhone 6 Reservation

Guys,

So I managed to reserve the iPhone 6+ and it looks like I'm 156 in line. 

The questions I have;

- is that a good number?

- Is the position in line per phone type, per store or overall?

- Any ideas when my new phone might be available for pickup?

Thanks,

Chris

20 REPLIES 20
GpH
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Cancelling your reservation refunds you the $40. Then just reserve again.
GpH
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Yes I do, because that's the way they've always done it and the only way that makes sense period.

When they receive shipments you can see it. One day they may get a big shipment of iPhone 6 grey 64GB and the first several hundred people who reserved that phone will report that theirs is shipping, while people who reserved a 6 White 64GB will be the same place because they are in their own queue.

Last year if you were paying attention you'd have seen how people who were at the top of the gold lists waited forever and their number didn't change until a gold shipment came in and they moved up.
andazamanka

My number in line is 1163 as of this afternoon. Wonder when I will get mine. i went for Iphone 6 +64 Gb Gold

GpH
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

You can't compare numbers for different models. There are different queues for every single model, colour, and storage size. So dozens in total.
geomiga

GpH,

You don't know that one way or the other.  A reservation could simply be a a number for any and all devices.

Post your reservation number, timestamp, and model configuration.  This will tell us what system they're using.

cbeech1980

That's interesting and makes complete sense - otherwise how could they figure out a gold versus a black etc...?

The $1m question though - from past experience, how do these positions in line relate to the time it takes to get your new device?

Also, any one know how much they're going to cost?

Santoku
I'm Helpful Level 1

If you check out the Rogers pricing, that should tell you. There are a number of Canadian news and iphone-relatd sites that have those prices quoted e.g., 

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/fido-iphone-6-contract-prices/

stay_dead
I'm a Participant Level 3

Over 1000, couldn't be there when reservations opened, and then the reservation system gave me errors all morning. Sad

Any idea what that means?  I assume the # is Canada wide, any experience on past pre-orders with how many phones they get for this kind of thing?

cbeech1980

Ok, this is weird - I'm now 150th in line. What's that all about??
jjloresco

I pre ordered the iphone 6 128gig space grey. I was 50th in line this morning. Now I dropped down to 45. I thing it's due to the fact that some people cancelled their reservation.

Good for us!
cbeech1980

148 now - long may this continue! :manhappy:

eclairds
I'm a Contributor Level 2

maybe some one cancelled his order so you get earlier position
jujubetree
I'm a Participant Level 1

What if I ordered the wrong one, should ordere a 64GB but wronly put a reservation on 16GB. How to revise without losing the $40 ?

geomiga

I used to be 134 for an iPhone 6. 

Then I changed my mind and cancelled the order, and placed a new reservation for a iPhone 6+.

I was then number 197 in line.

The time difference between the two orders was 34 min.

63 reservations in 34 minutes.

That is all the math I want to do tonight.

eclairds
I'm a Contributor Level 2

My number is 86
GpH
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

It is an overall number for that particular model.
Freddy1980
I'm Helpful Level 2

pre ordered at 6:03 am. Iphone 6 Plus 64 GB Gold #200.
Warpslide

I got up super early and snagged number 18.

Does anyone know what the numbers mean?  Is an an overall Fido number or the number for the store you selected?

geomiga

I am 134

Connor55
I'm a Participant Level 2

I read the instructions on how to reserve the phone, and i dont see the phone reservation button in the "my account" section when i log in.

Is it supposed to show up suddenly at 12:01 Pacific?

can anyone post a screen shot of what its supposed to look like?

thanks!!