iPhone 6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus on a Smart Plan

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

iPhone 6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus on a Smart Plan

Hey,

I'm currently a Fido customer with my own phone and a custom plan. I'd like to move to a Smart Plan ($72/mo). In addition, I'd also like to purchase an iPhone from Fido, perferably the 6s/6s Plus, but wouldn't mind the 6/6 Plus. My question is, can I get a subsidy on my iPhone purchase with a Smart plan? As of now, I only see options for a Max Plan; something that does not interest me at all.

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus on a Smart Plan

Good morning aaroniclee!

Currently we only offer a Max subsidy for the iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus. If you take a Smart plan, the devices would be sold at full price.

For the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus you can get the phone with a Smart subsidy.

Here's a list of prices you would get with a Smart plan.

iPhone 6 Plus

16 GB: 549$ + tx

64 GB: 679$ + tx

128 GB: 664$ +tx

iPhone 6

16 GB: 419$ + tx

64 GB: 549$ + tx

128 GB: 749$ +tx

Which one would you like to have?

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Good morning aaroniclee!

Currently we only offer a Max subsidy for the iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus. If you take a Smart plan, the devices would be sold at full price.

For the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus you can get the phone with a Smart subsidy.

Here's a list of prices you would get with a Smart plan.

iPhone 6 Plus

16 GB: 549$ + tx

64 GB: 679$ + tx

128 GB: 664$ +tx

iPhone 6

16 GB: 419$ + tx

64 GB: 549$ + tx

128 GB: 749$ +tx

Which one would you like to have?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I already requested to have my acct cancelled as soon as my contract ends (Dec.20, 2015)

I was looking for any reason to keep my acct with you. Ive been with fido since 1998.

I am currently $55 (1000 anytimes minutes, unlimited wknts and wknds , unlimited txt national & international, 1GB data)

As I said to the rep I spoke with, If fido can offer me something reasonable (i.e.: 200-500 anytimes mins, 3-5GB, unlimited txt - dont really care if it is only nationwide I just might reconsider)

I think fido is more interested in taking on new customers so they dont have to do fido dollars. 

My husband has rogers $65 with 6GB data, my brother with telus has 3GB paying $60

Mobilicity has their holiday promo ($20 talk & text, or $40 unlimited everything with upto 6GB data or add $20 premium data upto 20GB)

Wind has unlimited everything (which my mother in law has for $35)

Kodoo, chatr, petro canada, speak out

These are just some options I am considering porting my number to. 4 weeks to go. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@babhymahal wrote:

My husband has rogers $65 with 6GB data, my brother with telus has 3GB paying $60

Mobilicity has their holiday promo ($20 talk & text, or $40 unlimited everything with upto 6GB data or add $20 premium data upto 20GB)

Wind has unlimited everything (which my mother in law has for $35)

Kodoo, chatr, petro canada, speak out

Hello Babhymahal,

Do your research. Not just how much it will cost, but also research what you're actually getting for the price you're paying.

You seem interested in data. Out of your list, only Rogers and Telus operate LTE networks. At least some of the others in your list only operate on a single network -- some even only use a single frequency. Unlimited everything sounds pretty great but... two words: network congestion.

In addition, unless you have a fairly new phone or are planning to get a new one, your current phone may not be compatible with some of those carriers.

Also the coverage of some of those providers do not meet the needs of everyone. Make sure the one you choose suits you. 

On the surface some plans can seem amazing, but just be aware that sometimes, you're only not paying for what you're not getting.

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6

I concur with Cawtau.... I suffered on Wind's truly awful network for almost two years, thinking I was getting a great deal on 'unlimited' everything.  Here is what Wind Mobile does : to prevent people from using their service as a home internet replacement, you are limited to 5GB of data until they throttle you down to an unusable 128kbps.  Sounds fair, doesn't it?  Maybe in 1995 we would have been delighted with Wind's normal 1-2 MBPS downlink and pitiful 0.5 MBPS uplink (downtown Ottawa), but using the internet in 2015, this just isn't enough.  When you're throttled, text based email will take 45 seconds to load.  It's a value proposition at it's worst.  To even have the patience to go over Wind's 5Gb cap at the speeds you can expect to achieve is a full time job.  I won't even begin to tell you how awful their call failure rate / missed incoming calls is, but they have a feature similar to rogers/fido whocalled....  let's just say i would get 2 sms a day about missed calls, and my phone never once rang.  Here's the thing, I was outdoors at the time these calls were placed to my phone, in an area of full coverage!  SMS often took 30 minutes to go through their network.  They only have HSPA, and it wasn't until a trip to montreal (where wind has no towers), when I was roaming on Rogers, did i actually learn how an HSPA is actually supposed to behave :).  I signed up with Fido, and i haven't looked back.  And Fido/Rogers HSPA i would get 12MBPS down and 2MBPS up with 30 ms latency.  LTE i have got as high as 85mbps down and 50 up, using a nexus 5 (no aggregation, just band 4 lte).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Cawtau wrote:

...  You seem interested in data. Out of your list, only Rogers and Telus operate LTE networks.  ...

Hello,

In my hasty response yesterday, I neglected to include Koodo in the list of carriers offering LTE. My apologies.

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6