iPhone 5s on Smart plan (Quebec)

SOLVED
Dimz
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know the price of an iPhone 5s on a 2y Smart (pulse) plan (in Quebec).

Thanks,

D

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 5s on Smart plan (Quebec)

Solved by Fido Employee AdamBeast

Hi Dimz, 

iPhone 5s 16GB is 250$ with tab 24 agreement, it is same price for canada wide. 

PS. A standard $25 Hardware Upgrade Administration Fee may apply.

View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
Dimz

This absolutely doesn't make sense.

It used to be "iPhone 5s 16GB is $250 with tab 24 agreement, it is same price for canada wide." before the iPhone 6s came out.

The full retail price was $719 back then. Now Apple changed that to $599 ($120 off).

You are telling me it now costs $279??? Where is the logic in this?

I am waiting for 2 months to port another line from Koodo for my father where he is just throwing away money. I was expecting the Fido price on a Smart Plan to be $150 or even $130 to factor in the price drop.

I am fed up of waiting, I have 4 lines with Fido, 3 of them are "bring your own phone". If there is nothing that Fido can do, I will be forced to move my business elsewhere.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

We'd hate to see your go Dimz! 

The prices can vary when purchased directly from the manufacturer. 

The price was actually $350 however there was a limited time promotion offering $100 off. Sadly we can't lower the cost of the phone more than the discount provided with the agreement on a Smart plan. 

We're offering it for free with any Max plan for Quebec customers though. Let me know if you'd like to discuss Max plans! Smiley 

Dimz

This doesn't include the drop in the price that Apple applied when they announced the 6s. When will that take effect?
AdamBeast
Fido Employee

Hi Dimz, 

iPhone 5s 16GB is 250$ with tab 24 agreement, it is same price for canada wide. 

PS. A standard $25 Hardware Upgrade Administration Fee may apply.

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Is $250 for the iPhone 5S on a Smart plan the regular device price OR is that including the limited-time promotion of "$100 off"?

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/whatsnew/whats_new

Hey Dimz, 

we're only informed at the very last minute when changes are made concerning costs of phones, plans or add-ons.

I'd suggest to simply stay tuned on Fido.ca/phones for updates there 😃

Dimz

Hi,

I would like to find out if there has been a change to the Smart plan price for the 5s? it has been already 2 months since Apple dropped its prices.

Thanks!

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hi Dimz! 

The iPhone 5S 16GB is offered at $279 with a Smart plan. Smiley 

Hope this helps! 

Hello nick67.

The $250 offer is the promotion with the $100 off.

The Iphone 5s 16GB was originally $350 on a Smart plan.