iPhone 5

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

iPhone 5

iPhone 5

FidoStephen
Community Manager

iPhone 5

Hi Everyone. Great news! We’ve listened to your feedback and will be adding the 32 and 64 GB versions of the iPhone 5 to our Fido Reservations system at 7 PM EST tonight. If your device does not ship within two weeks we’ll give you a $50 credit.*

Please note that only one reservation is allowed per customer phone number. You will need to cancel your 16GB order before you place another reservation.*

*Full details in the FAQ here: www.fido.ca/reservations  

***Edited to add labels***

22 REPLIES 22
Remyy
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi Fido,

I am looking to purchase an iPhone 5, full price, with the intent of having the iPhone 5 unlocked out of the box because I need to use it for work abroad. My renewal date is not up yet and I have no intention of modifying my agreement terms. I just want an iPhone 5 perhaps more quickly than the long shipping times that Apple has provided me with (October 11th - October 17th). 

Secondly, will Fido Dollars also work towards such a purchase? 

niki123
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have inquired on the same question you had.  Yes you can use your Fido Dollars towards a new iphone5 at full price.  All phones purchased from Fido is locked to Fido and can be unlocked for a fee of $50 after a certain time (6months I think).  Depending on how much Fido Dollars you have, you might be better off buying at Apple. 

jlay065

Can anybody tell me if I will lose my place in line if i cancel my order and decide to go with a 32gb instead of the 16gb? i'm currently in line (6038) for a 16gb phone

Hi jlay065,

Yes, you will lose your position in queue if you decide to change models. You would first need to cancel your reservation to select another model.

lvaliente
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi 

I ordered my phone through 611 on Sept. 28.  I was wondering if I am eligible for the $50 credit if it does not ship within 2 weeks.  I had called because I had located a store that has the iPhone 5 I want (32gb black) in stock, but the person on the phone told me that my ordered was processed and not to buy the one in the store.

Thanks!

archc22
I'm Helpful Level 1

you are not eligible, I asked that already

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to clarify that the $50 credit offer applies ONLY if you reserve a phone online with the Reservation System.

If an order was placed with a representative, it does not take part of the reservation system, so the $50 offer is not applicable.

lvaliente

I suppose I'm irate because I was told by the customer service rep that they had the iPhone I wanted in stock, so I ordered it with her. Now it's almost 3 weeks later and my phone hasn't been shipped out yet. I even tried to cancel my order because I found a store that had it in stock but customer service said that the order was processed on Oct.1st. At least if I reserved my phone online I would be eligible for a $50 discount. I find the lack of correct information and consistency to be very disturbing. When I finally do get my phone I may just return it and cancel my account.
archc22
I'm Helpful Level 1

The agent offered me the same thing too but good thing I didn't fall for it. End of this week I'll get that additional $50.

Hey everyone,

UPDATE: The $50 delivery credit is now applicable for orders placed with a customer service representative as well. It would be 14 days from the date the order was placed. 

IvyIvy
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am currently having a city plan (no data) with fido. The plan will expire next summer. The phone came with the plan has some defect. It automatically turns off a few times during the day. Very annoying. So I decided to update my phone with an iPhone from fido reservation. Could u please let me know what I should expect to the changes to my plan? And extra fees I should be aware of? Thanks
MPoeG
I'm a Contributor Level 1

my iPhone 5 shipped today, however I am unable to track it. I have tried on the UPS store and on my parcel app on my iphone 4. I get an error when trying to track it. It could be possible that it takes time for the information to get into the system but I just want to make sure my phone got shipped today because today would've been the day I got the extra 50$ credit, I just hope i'm not being scammed out of it.

MPoeG

ah, I just did have to have a little patience, works just fine now.
jsuites

I ac tually just did this and went from 5000th in line for the 16GB to 2700th in line for the 32GB. Obviously a higher demand for the 16 so you may in fact get your phone sooner if you reserve a 32 instead.

angus

i am getting the iphone 5 but i dont really understand how does that work..

so i reserve one online and then sign a 3 years contract with any plans? even with those standard $25 dollars plan with no data?

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

@angus wrote:

i am getting the iphone 5 but i dont really understand how does that work..

so i reserve one online and then sign a 3 years contract with any plans? even with those standard $25 dollars plan with no data?

They will charge you full price for the iPhone if you don't have data or any of the other requirements.

angus

does that mean i can get the cheapest data plan ($40)?

Cgw

No. The cheapest you can get is the $55 max plan because it is for 3 year contract phones. The $40 plan is for 2 years.

Glittermess

I'm pretty sure getting an iPhone on a contract through Fido requires you to get a data plan...

lololol2223

within 2 weeks of sept 21st or within two weeks of sept 14?