iPhone 4S

I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

iPhone 4S

You knew this was coming: when can we expect pricing and eligibility information for the new iPhone 4S (and the new 8GB iPhone 4)?

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 4S

Hi everyone,

That is correct. You will be able to reserve an iPhone 4S as of October 7th online in the MyAccount and then selecting PHONE RESERVATION.

We do not yet have any information regarding the prices or the date that it will become available. I would suggest keeping posted to our website as it will be updated as soon as we receive any news.

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 83
I'm a Participant Level 1 lianne0719
I'm a Participant Level 1

Can anyone plz tell me where I should see the reservation button under my account?

I also tried out the change email thing, but I still can't even see the button!

I am a prepaid service user now, maybe that's the problem?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 83
I'm a Participant Level 2 dbez
I'm a Participant Level 2

I think that is the problem.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 83
I'm a Participant Level 3 Ruechin
I'm a Participant Level 3

I'm in Ontario Canada and my position in line is #2400. I don't think this is my line in relation to my chosen store pickup location. Would it be all across Canada or just across the province? My position in line is moving so freaking slow. I'm wondering how long it will be and if my position will move faster?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 33 of 83
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

It's quite normal if your position in line isn't moving quickly. The phone isn't released yet, therefore, the only reason you'd advance is if people cancel their orders.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 34 of 83
I'm a Participant Level 2 TomVanDeven

Im trying to reserve a 4S, but Im unable to. Im a prepaid customer at the moment, but I want to upgrade to a monthy plan while at the same time upgrading to the 4S. Seems I can't quite do this online, can anyone help? Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 35 of 83
I'm a Participant Level 3 Yoan

the big question is fido gonna be able to fill all the reserves for the 4s.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 36 of 83
I'm a Participant Level 3 Yoan

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 37 of 83
I'm a Participant Level 3 ballywood

So i'm on the waiting list. Pre-ordered. My line position is 1502. i called Fido this afternoon from Vancouver and was told by a Fido rep that the line position is the amount of people ahead of me IN MY REGION where i will be picking up my phone. Okay....so this sucks. So i say to the rep, "Will i be getting my iphone 4s 64gb this Friday?" The rep replied, "Well. maybe not. You need to come back and check every week to see where your position is."

WOW. Really?Check back EVERY FREAKIN WEEK???? What's the point of me pre-ordering!?!?! This totally blows. So I then tell the rep that i guess i'm better off standing in lineup outside a store than having gone through all this trouble. The rep agreed and said, "yeah...you maybe are better off doing that."

So then i ask the rep that since i put down $40 to pre-order, can i go to a store, pay for the phone (re-siging a 3yr term, eligible  for a hardware upgrade) and get my $40 dollars credited back to my account? The rep checked with her manager who said to her that it would be perfectly fine that i would be able to cancel my pre-order, and get the $40 applied as credit back to the purcahse of the iphone.

So, as a valued Fido customer i call a authorized Fido Kiosk in Richmond B.C and am greeted by a rep named "Catherine". I tell her my situation and she tells me that it wouldn't be an issue to purcase the iphone but i would have to get in lineup. I agree with her. I then tell her that i am renewing my contract to a three year term, and she says that they would be able to accomodate that. I then tell hee the $40 credit situation. Well, she goes on and tells me that she doesn't know if they can do anything about that. She then goes on and says that they don't have the same access as the call centre does so they can't get into my account. I ask her do they have a computer with internet access and she replied yes  we do but that we can't see your account or get into it. LOL! So how the heck are they going to set up a new account for me then!!!! Very rude customer service!!!!

I call another store in Metrotown and am greeted by a rep named "Hansen" I ask him if the iphone 4s will be available this Friday. "Hansen"  says, "I don't know if we're going to have any iphones at the store." I ask him if  the store was anticipating any new iphone 4s'...."Hansen" replied, "I don't know. I have no way of finding out."

FIDO GET YOUR REPS SORTED OUT WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE CARE!!!!! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 38 of 83
I'm a Participant Level 1 mmop
I'm a Participant Level 1

iPhone 4S

Can anyone help I am having this problem when I click on the pre-order button "Sorry! Your request cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later" from 3 days now I did call Fido they told me to go to a Fido store...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 39 of 83
I'm a Participant Level 2 TomVanDeven

Sorry to hear that, ballywood. It sounds like everyones just in a bunch, people want their stuff and no one knows how theyre going to get it to them. Makes this new iPhone seem like its barely even worth it after all of this hassle. Might as well wait for the 5 pretty much. hahaha

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 40 of 83

Just called fido (I'm #3600 for the 4s 16gb black) I asked if I would be able to get it on friday. She said "Yes" then I asked if she knew how many they were getting, she did not know. So she basically had no clue if I would be able to get it friday and she did not give me any information. If my phone does not ship by friday I'll probably just go wait in line at an apple store and cancel my reservation. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 41 of 83
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

@Ballywood: You really are being too rude towards the store reps. They did nothing wrong other then tell you what they know. Sales reps DO NOT have access to the same information as customer service does, we don't use the same system and as a sales rep, we don't have logins for the system that the customer service uses, therefore having the internet makes no difference.

As for the second rep, he prefered to be honest with you then BS you about knowing that he's going to have them. No store knows when and how many iPhone 4S they are going to receive. With what's happened with iPhones in the past, we can't trust Apple that we will receive a decent stock or even any devices for the launch date. It depends which stores are prioritised.

Contrary to popular belief, sales rep have access to very little information and they have very little power as well.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 42 of 83
I'm a Participant Level 2 boss

I don't see anywhere that says reserve on my account once logged in. I was told to call the Fido store to reserve but they all said they cant and that I have to call them instead..so I'm really getting frustrated.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 43 of 83

You have to be in charge of the account. I have to log onto my dads account to do it.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 44 of 83
I'm a Participant Level 3 ballywood

I was being rude to the reps?????

Okay, read my post again. I called a rep at the call centre who had very little knowledge of anything in regards to the line position, cost, upgrade, etc. So, I was very friendly with the rep when she repeatedly went back to her supervisor for answers. I'm okay with that. I didn't care as long as i got the information. The supervisor told me to go to a kiosk and get the phone if i can and terminate the pre-order. The $40 dollars would be applied to the purchase of the phone. 

So i took this info and called the kiosk. That's where the rep at the location was okay with telling me that yes they were going to recieve the iphone 4s 64GB as long as i was in lineup. I then told her my situation that i was two weeks out of my contract and wanted to renew. She said that they could take care of that there through their system.

( So having worked in customer service and retail, in order to set up, change, or terminate any accounts, as a reputable Fido dealer/vendor, one would assume that access, if not totally limited, would be required to move forward with any request from a client.)

I told the rep about having been told by a supervisor that i could reverse my pre-order and get the $40 applied to the purchase of my iphone. It was then that the rep began to show no interest in what I had to say. Her tone in her voice began to show disinterest and she began to tell me she didn't know about any $40 to be applied. It was as if she was faced with a burden of having to do a lot of leg work. I was taken back by that. She snapped back at me telling me that they have NO ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT OR ANY DETAILS TO MY ACCOUNT WHATSOEVER! Okay....wow. I then told her that I could show her on my iphone the account details and prove to her about my pre-order. She said, "I don't know. Okay."

As far as the rep at the second location, he just wanted to get off the phone. Simple. Or perhaps, he was just a customer to might have picked up the store phone and began to repeat, "I don't know...I don't know....I don't know."

I never riased my voice. I never berated the rep(s). I never demanded anything. I just wanted answers. I began to laugh out loud as to what had transpired over the phoen when i hung up. I couldn't believe it.

So please, if you could, can you elaborate as to where i went astray and was being belligerent towards the reps? maybe you are in relation with the reps? Perhaps? I have been yelled at, cursed at and on a few occasions been almost nose to nose with belligerent customers. I never lost my cool or ever showed disinterest with any client when representing the Corp. i worked for. The old saying goes in the retail & customer service, "Value the customer...the customer is always right. And if they are wrong...fix the issue."

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 45 of 83