iPhone 4S Faq update including info about 6GB data plan

Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

iPhone 4S Faq update including info about 6GB data plan

This may answer many of your questions here on the forum, so I thought I'd share with you some new info directly from Fido.

iPhone 4S FAQs Updated

Why is Fido not offering the $30/6GB option whereas Rogers is?
While we don’t currently have this particular promotion, we do have a number of great voice and data options you can take advantage of. Knowing that 80% of Fido customers use less than 500MB per month, on a 3-year service agreement you can have a $25/500 MB add on that allows for overage increments of $5 for each additional 500 MB if you need them. Please see fido.ca/dataaddons for full details.

I am # XXX on the reservation list and I gained only X spots in the last X days, why isn’t it moving faster?
Your number indicates that you’re #XXX nationwide for the specific device you chose. As devices are shipped or customers cancel their reservations, you’ll move forward in line accordingly. We’re making every effort to get you a device as soon as possible.

I reserved iPhone 4S on Friday Oct 7th, why isn’t it in store this morning?
We’re making every effort to get your iPhone 4S to you as soon as possible. Demand for the device is high worldwide, and while we’re dedicating iPhone 4S inventory to our Reservation System to get yours to you, we can’t guarantee delivery on a specific date.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Milhouse
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Re: iPhone 4S Faq update including info about 6GB data plan

Wow.  Fido customer service is getting worse and worse.  No early upgrades, no 6GB data, bumping HUP from 24 mths to 30 mths, less leniency overall...

At some point, you have to make some concessions if you're going to stay competitive, Fido. 

It's like they WANT people to go somewhere else-- even suggesting you switch to Rogers if you want the new iPhone, who will cover your ECF and give you the subsidized price.  C'mon!  At least pretend to start caring about your customer base.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Contributor Level 2 achaudhary
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Also, I was told (at Fido store, and confirmed with 611) that you cannot use FidoDollars towards a smartphone unless you're signing a 3-year voice and data plan. I've been accumulating FidoDollars for 6 years and this restriction makes them useless. I just bought an unlocked phone from Apple instead and now have nothing tying me to them.

The *SIX* years of loyalty I showed and earned FidoDollars for is worthless, under this policy, unless they can lock you into a contract - that's not a loyalty reward! What a stupid attitude - if Fido's *service* has been good enough for me for 6 years, why don't they trust that I'll stick around?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
I'm a Contributor Level 1 manny1234
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I just got the 6 gb $30 data option activated yesterday (on a 3 year activation for the iphone)... I called fido customer service on thursday and they set it up without any hassle. If you're stuck with Fido it's worth calling in because they do indeed have it available!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4