iPhone 4 stock

iPhone 4 stock

iPhone 4 stock

maxx
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone 4 stock

While I understand that Apple is providing Fido with stock, can we please have some kind of estimate and/or updates for when they will be available? 

Calling stores every day to get rude answers is the least pleasant experience I would want my costumers to go through. Videotron is capable of telling you where they have their phone in stock and to reserve it for you. This is a much more pleasant experience, and is making me consider paying my early termination fee. Rogers and Bell all had stock when I passed in their stores.

11 REPLIES 11
maxx

OMG Fido’s salesman are so rude! I guess they are tired of customers who have been told to call them asking for stock!
___Ilia
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido and Rogers were the first to get the iphone so it normal the stocks are low, there is a lot of people on the old iphone and want to upgrade to the new one.

Titepooding

Getting an iPhone 4 is really hard, not only through Fido but through every single provider. Stocks are low simply because there are a lot more companies offering the iPhone than there was in the last two years. They should be fine in the next few weeks/months.

ferdinandc
I'm a Participant Level 1

I think this is all a plan . If fido does keep a 1000 customer's waiting (each one of them out of a contract and waiting to renew it ) for about a month and considering each customer would be paying $50 on the average currently , fido will be making $50,000/month . 10,000 customer's in the waiting list and becomes a cool 500,000 grand . Keep you 2 months waiting and it becomes a million.

There might be a plan behind all this

@ferdinandc  Don't you think Fido would love to have every Fido customer get their iphone 4 on July 30th so they can start earning the extra revenue of $25 for data. This is the minimum that Fido is losing.  Trust me, Fido would prefer to bill you $75 instead of $50. Also, Keep in mind, Fido is the service provider, we don't make our profit by selling the iphone, Apple does. We make our profit if your line has data revenue or not. Yes $25 x 36 month = $900, Fido gives extra $200 credit of the iphone for taking 3Y data option, so Fido makes a profit of $700.

Based on your example of waiting 2 month, Fido lost $500,000 in data revenue. There goes my $10,000 end of year bonus.

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue.
FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Welcome and thanks for participating in our Technical Community!

The goal of our forum is to provide a venue where customers can help each other with technical questions.

Fido is committed to getting an iPhone 4 into the hands of every customer who wants one.

UPDATE (September 29, 2010, 1:43 PM):

Good news for those of you who have been unable to secure an iPhone 4: another shipment is starting to arrive in stores today.

We encourage you to head down to a Rogers retailer to pick one up over the next 24 hours or so. As always, we recommend you contact your local store first to ensure stock is available.

Drewzki
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I think your best option for getting an iPhone is to visit an apple store.

I was told by a fido rep no iPhone till xmas time. It's not fido's fault, it is clearly apple controlling where the hardware is going. More stock in apple stores. If you are really desperate, get the unlocked iPhone from apple and keep your existing plan.

SpazoQC

I got mine by waiting in line at the apple store. Fido store only get very small quantity. For a new activation, you can also try future shop and bestbuy

Lagawatig
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I got mine at the Fido store in Windsor last month, wasted about 2 tanks of gas going to the store every day to camp out and follow the delivery guys going into the mall. I was lucky to be on vacation that week, otherwise i would probably be waiting still

IMHO this launch was botched big time. Aftr the 3gs shortage you would think that they would be better prepared this year, but instead its even worse.

On the plus side, if your waiting long enough, you might be able to get a white one....

heykiii
I'm Helpful Level 2

Again, good luck!

heykiii
I'm Helpful Level 2

@ maxx

Good luck to have the Iphone4 , I think Fido will have enough stock after X-Mas ... Since they're with Rogers, most of the stock go to them ... Fido is like a cheap alternative, therefore we get everything last!