iPad cellular

iPad cellular

iPad cellular

SOLVED
beachmum
I'm a Participant Level 1

iPad cellular

How does the data work? Can you share the data on your cellphone plan with your iPad if your phone is a Samsung? 

Accepted Solution

Re: iPad cellular

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 2
@beachmum Fido does not offer shared plans. Your iPad would need its own SIM card and data plan.

However, nothing prevents you from turning your cell phone into a mobile hotspot and having your iPad use that hotspot. That would effectively share your phone's plan, but it's not as convenient as having its own cellular connection - for example, the iPad needs to be close to the cellphone in order to have internet access.
View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@beachmum Fido does not offer shared plans. Your iPad would need its own SIM card and data plan.

However, nothing prevents you from turning your cell phone into a mobile hotspot and having your iPad use that hotspot. That would effectively share your phone's plan, but it's not as convenient as having its own cellular connection - for example, the iPad needs to be close to the cellphone in order to have internet access.
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@beachmum note that Fido currently had a promotion: a tablet plan for$15/month for 3GB of data. It used to require purchase of a new tablet a few days ago, but now you can bring your own.
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Oh, just in case it's not clear, your current tablet needs to be made with a SIM slot! Most tablets are not!