iOS Wifi Calling Not Turning On

SOLVED
snyp
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've been unable to get wifi calling to turn on since it randomly turned off yesterday morning. Whenever I try to switch "Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone' to on, I am presented with this message:

IMG_0283.PNG

I've reset network settings and restarted my phone. It has been more than a day and I still have not gotten a text message or have been able to get in touch with a rep through *611, live chat or facebook messenger. It would be great if someone could help me out. 

Accepted Solution

Re: iOS Wifi Calling Not Turning On

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 2 snyp

I managed to get in touch with a Fido rep and they reset my network. Everything is working fine now. Thanks Smiley

View solution in context
16 REPLIES 16
Cuteba
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi
I'm getting this message when I try

'To allow wi-fi calling on this account, contact Fido'

@Cuteba wrote:
Hi
I'm getting this message when I try

'To allow wi-fi calling on this account, contact Fido'

Hello @Cuteba,

Did you get your phone from Fido, if you did not that could be why you are getting that message because Fido do not support devices that was not purchased through them.

Hi @Cuteba,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Is this your first time trying to set up wifi calling or did you have it in the past and it stopped working?

Also, are you using an Android or iPhone?

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @snyp & welcome to the Community!

So sorry that we haven't been able to get back to you sooner; we've been swamped!

Are you still having this issue? I noticed that you were on WiFi, have you tried doing the process while connected to cellular data? And did you do anything different before it stopped working?

Let me know. Smiley

snyp

I managed to get in touch with a Fido rep and they reset my network. Everything is working fine now. Thanks Smiley

VaVaVoom
I'm a Participant Level 1

I originally successfully turned on wifi calling on my iphone 7 plus, via 3G network, I went through 911 address registration and wifi calling shows turned ON.

However, when I connected to my wifi network, wifi calling then turned OFF automatically and I cannot turn it back on.  It kept on bringing me to a page says "We're processing your Wi-Fi Calling registration. You'll get a text when it's done. It could take a few minutes to complete. Thanks for your patience. If you don't get a text, contact us at *611."

It's been like that all day.... Not sure what to do.. Any ideas?

Hi @VaVaVoom & welcome to the Community!

I've moved your post here since the issue was pretty similar. Smiley It seems that resetting the network on our end may help, so I'll go ahead and send you a PM to try it out.

Talk to you soon! Smiley

Vancityguy
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi there

I am having the same issue with one of the numbers under my account. How can I have my network reset?

Thank you.

Hi there @Vancityguy

Thanks for reaching out!

I'll send you a PM to help with that Smiley Thanks again!

yearoftherat

So I'm having the same issues with the wifi calling.

It seems that whenever I turn my phone back on from being off, the wifi calling toggle resets itself and is off. I go to the setting, turn it back on and end up with a message that its being processed and will get a text when its done. i've even done a network setting reset to no avail.
I've called Fido and they had to remove the wifi calling from my account at their end, then was told to run the phone off/on again, and go thru the set up again with the end result having wifi calling. But today I no longer have it again..

Hey @yearoftherat

I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing issues with your Wi-Fi calling. Can you let us know if you had the chance to reset your phone to factory settings to see if you notice any improvements? 

yearoftherat

Hi @FidoPierre,

I've done a network reset on the phone which should be sufficient in hopefully fixing the issue.

Hi there @yearoftherat

Can you tell me if you're using a Fido phone or non-Fido phone?

Pattycanuck

Hi,

Same problem. This comes up when trying to enable it on my phone:
"Wi-fi calling. To allow wifi calling on this account contact fido."

- Two phone numbers on this account - mine and my partner
- both byop plans
- both iphone7 with up to date iOS
- she enabled hers no problem straight off but mine continues to do the same as above

Help?
Thanks
Pattycanuck

Yes, I did contact fido a few days ago and no idea/ said would send a ticket.., but 3 days?

Hi @Pattycanuck & welcome to the Community! Smiley

If a ticket was already opened, we'll need to wait for the results. Updates are usually provided within 72 business hours.

Let me know if you have any questions!