iMessage on iOS 5

I'm a Participant Level 2 CrownofHisglory
I'm a Participant Level 2

iMessage on iOS 5

Hello all,

Apple is releasing the iMessage feature on October 12th, 2011

It my hope that like BBM, iMessage will be a free feature to Fido users with a plan over (however much) money.

I would like to know where I should express this suggestion.

What would be the best medium to share this suggestion with Fido. If it is here, then, thank you all in advance.

Again, thank you all.

Accepted Solution

Re: iMessage on iOS 5

i message can NEVER do this.  BB has service books which allow single applications to work or not.  Blackberry is not just a phone but its also a backend infastructure with special data plans.  Iphone and iMessage are just phone based, there is no back end integration into the carrier for this to be allowed.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

iMessage will be included for free in the iOS 5 software update. It will require a data add-on to function. I believe there will be a ON/OFF switch in the iPhone's settings as well so you can just use normal text messaging.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 CrownofHisglory
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank you for the information. That's great to know.

I'm excited for the iOS 5 update.

With Fido plans, BBM is free for blackberry users with a Fido plan over a certain amount of money.

I wanted to know if Fido would be doing something similar with the iPhone's iMessage.  

Since it's not already in place, I wanted to know the best place to make that suggestion,

Again,

Thank-you all in advance.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2
Solution

i message can NEVER do this.  BB has service books which allow single applications to work or not.  Blackberry is not just a phone but its also a backend infastructure with special data plans.  Iphone and iMessage are just phone based, there is no back end integration into the carrier for this to be allowed.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4