iMessage not using ported phone number

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 quaydeebee
I'm a Participant Level 2

iMessage not using ported phone number

I recently switched to Fido and had my previous number ported to my account. I am using an iPhone and when I check the iMessage settings, my ported number is not one of the options. It also won't allow me to remove the Fido number which is linked to my account even though I ported in my own number. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solution

Re: iMessage not using ported phone number

Hi Pacificyew! Thanks for the reply. I ended up needing to call Fido, but it was apparently an iPhone issue. I needed to update the software, then turn off iMessage/Facetime, restart my phone, then turn those features back on for the old Fido number to disappear.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Hi quaydeebee, and welcome!  I am not sure how long it's been since you came to Fido, but when I first signed up with my iPhone a few months back, they gave me a temportary number until my origninal number's porting went through.  It took a few days until that happened and my old number appeared on my iphone, but it was all automatic--I didn't have to do anything to remove my temporary Fido number, they did it all on their end. 

Hopefully the same happens for you!  If it's been more than 3 or 4 days, you should probably call tech support.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 quaydeebee
I'm a Participant Level 2
Solution

Hi Pacificyew! Thanks for the reply. I ended up needing to call Fido, but it was apparently an iPhone issue. I needed to update the software, then turn off iMessage/Facetime, restart my phone, then turn those features back on for the old Fido number to disappear.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Hooray!  And thanks for the update, quaydeebee. Its also great you posted the steps for anyone else who may have the same issue.  Come to think of it, a few months back I actually had to go through a similar sequence of steps on my iPhone too before it would let me set up wifi calling... 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4