how to set-up a passcode upon opening iPhone 4

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 vanilla
I'm a Participant Level 2

how to set-up a passcode upon opening iPhone 4

New to IPhone 4, what steps do i take to set-up a passcode upon accessing my phone

Accepted Solution

Re: how to set-up a passcode upon opening iPhone 4

Hi vanilla,

First off, make sure that your device has the latest iOS update. For iPhone4 you should have iOS 7.1.2.

Please take the time to read this article from Apple that explains iPhone passcode, it also has some images that can help you.

http://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204060

Set up your passcode

To set up a passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (on devices with Touch ID) or Settings > Passcode (on other devices) and tap Turn Passcode On.

Change your passcode or passcode settings

To change your passcode or your passcode settings, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (on devices with Touch ID) or Settings > Passcode (on other devices). On iOS 7.0.6 or earlier, look under Settings > General for these settings.

Can’t turn off your passcode or change passcode settings?

If you can't turn off or change your passcode settings or these settings are grey or dimmed out, you might be:

• Using Touch ID, which requires a passcode.
  • Using a configuration profile that requires a passcode. This is common with business or education devices. Contact your IT administrator for more information.

Does this help?

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Former Moderator FidoMatt
Former Moderator

Hi Vanilla, 

Welcome to the community. You should be able to find this option in the settings under passcode. 

- Mathieu

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 vanilla
I'm a Participant Level 2

Well there is no secondary "pascode" listing under the SETTINGS tab. Please help. I have spoken to a fido rep and he was unable to help here. It sounds a simple request. !

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Fido Employee Rob_Fido
Fido Employee
Solution

Hi vanilla,

First off, make sure that your device has the latest iOS update. For iPhone4 you should have iOS 7.1.2.

Please take the time to read this article from Apple that explains iPhone passcode, it also has some images that can help you.

http://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204060

Set up your passcode

To set up a passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (on devices with Touch ID) or Settings > Passcode (on other devices) and tap Turn Passcode On.

Change your passcode or passcode settings

To change your passcode or your passcode settings, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (on devices with Touch ID) or Settings > Passcode (on other devices). On iOS 7.0.6 or earlier, look under Settings > General for these settings.

Can’t turn off your passcode or change passcode settings?

If you can't turn off or change your passcode settings or these settings are grey or dimmed out, you might be:

• Using Touch ID, which requires a passcode.
  • Using a configuration profile that requires a passcode. This is common with business or education devices. Contact your IT administrator for more information.

Does this help?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4