how does Contract phone works?

SOLVED
princegm05
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hey , 
I am planning to take a new contract phone. I found that iphone 7 is availble with 0 Cad upfront payment with  a 69 cad / month plan. the actual plan with BYOP is 49 cad / month which means i am paying only 20 bucks per month for phone . so for a two year contract i will be paying 480 cad for iphone which now costs 739 cad . How does it benefits? Can some one tell me about it and also does fido provide any sort of accidental warrenty for contract phones?

Accepted Solution

Re: how does Contract phone works?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @princegm05 & welcome to the Community!

Can you please clarify what you mean by ''how does it benefits''? I'm not quite sure that I understand. Sad

As for warranty, you have a 1 year warranty with the manufacturer which covers any problems with the phone that aren't self-induced (i.e. water/physical damage). You can also purchase AppleCare+ :

• Provides repair or replacement coverage, including both parts and labour, from Apple authorized technicians
  • Covers iPhone SE and above, iPhone battery and included earphones and accessories
  • Adds up to 2 incidents of accidental damage from handling ($39 for screen damages or $129 for other damages on any model of iPhone or $49 for each iPad replacement). Accidental damage from handling includes dents, cracked screens, spills, and liquid submersion affecting the functionality of the device

Hope this helps. Smiley

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @princegm05 & welcome to the Community!

Can you please clarify what you mean by ''how does it benefits''? I'm not quite sure that I understand. Sad

As for warranty, you have a 1 year warranty with the manufacturer which covers any problems with the phone that aren't self-induced (i.e. water/physical damage). You can also purchase AppleCare+ :

• Provides repair or replacement coverage, including both parts and labour, from Apple authorized technicians
  • Covers iPhone SE and above, iPhone battery and included earphones and accessories
  • Adds up to 2 incidents of accidental damage from handling ($39 for screen damages or $129 for other damages on any model of iPhone or $49 for each iPad replacement). Accidental damage from handling includes dents, cracked screens, spills, and liquid submersion affecting the functionality of the device

Hope this helps. Smiley