has not received the extra 1GB as part of the 20th anniversary gift

SOLVED
ndymiaw
I'm a Participant Level 2

I texted GIFt to 2020 on Oct 7th to get the free 1GB data and received a text back saying that it will be applied to my account when my November billing cycle begins.

My november billing cycle has begun, but I have not recieved any text regarding the free data.

Has anyone received theirs yet?

Can someone help me on this matter?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: has not received the extra 1GB as part of the 20th anniversary gift

Solved by Moderator (inactive) FidoPierre

Hey @ndymiaw

If you already received the text confirmation that you would be receiving this promotion, you should receive another text message closer to your billing cycle date once the Data add-on is activated. Smiley 

View solution in context
24 REPLIES 24
KirillMatveev

SO I guess this was a scam to get all fido customers excited for no reason?

BoopImHere
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have also not received any data and my last bill was Oct 22nd so shouldn't I have it by now?
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @ndymiaw

If you already received the text confirmation that you would be receiving this promotion, you should receive another text message closer to your billing cycle date once the Data add-on is activated. Smiley 

KirillMatveev

Got a text from Fido (2020) stating my free 1 gigabyte starts in NOV-2016...Yet I see no Record of it anywhere? Even my balance on my online account shows my regular data thaT I get monthly without the promotional increase....Can someone help?

I believe it was for their 20th anniversary promotion - 1 gigabyte over 2 months so 500 mb per month....

***Edited title***

Same here I do not see it on any of my lines.

***Edited title***

Hey KirillMatveev!

I've moved your post since we already had a similar thread and I think it will answer your question. Smiley

As you can see, you will receive a text message confirmation as soon as your data gift has been added. 

Hope this helps!

KirillMatveev

SO I guess this was a scam to get all fido customers excited for no reason?

Hi @BoopImHere and @KirillMatveev,

The data gift is to kick in when your November billing cycle starts. For example, if your cycle starts on the 20th of each month, that's when the data will begin.

If your billing cycle has already started and you have yet to receive the text message letting you know the gift is added, let us know and we will look into it.

I hope this helps!

pholover93

I got a text telling me to restart my phone to apply the bonus data but it does absolutely nothing. I don't have a plan with data so it would have been nice to get a chance to use some. This is such a scam

Alex_DC
I'm Helpful Level 1

@pholover93 wrote:

I got a text telling me to restart my phone to apply the bonus data but it does absolutely nothing. I don't have a plan with data so it would have been nice to get a chance to use some. This is such a scam

- Is cellular data enabled in your phone's settings?

- Is there a data block on your account on Fido's end to prevent your phone from accidentally accessing the data network? (This is something you would have requested and is not done automatically on non-data plans)

- Is your phone purchased from Fido, or elsewhere and is the APN setting on Fido?

A simple way to check/confirm is send and/or receive a picture message. If data is turned off (whether on the phone itself or on the back end by Fido) or your APN isn't set to Fido, you won't be able to send/receive a picture message.

I highly doubt this is "scam" when they are offering a service for free that you don't usually pay for in the first place.

yellowdogx
I'm a Participant Level 1

Doesn't seem to be working for me either....

Tried all the usual stuff; updating phone, restarting, reseting netork settings. Still a no go?

I'm on a voice and data plan only and got the email that my free data is good to good after a phone restart.

Welcome to the community @yellowdogx! Smiley

If the plan you got already included data, you shouldn't get a text asking you to restart your phone. What happens when you try to use the mobile data?

@pholover93 wrote:

I got a text telling me to restart my phone to apply the bonus data but it does absolutely nothing...

Hello Pholover93,

Welcome to the community!

What did the text you received say? I received my Fido gift data text the other day and there was no mention of having to restart my phone.

Screenshot_2016-11-13-18-50-08.png

That said, the bonus data doesn't seem to have been applied to my account yet Sad  It's not showing up on either My Account via Fido.ca or the app.

Cheers

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey @Cawtau and @pholover93

Plans without data included need the phone to be rebooted. If you have data included in your plan you don't need to follow that step. Smiley 

For your bonus, you won't actually see it online. We'll keep you posted along the way though! You'll get a text when it's all used up and when the offer ends. 

Hope that helps! 

pholover93

I've rebooted my phone many times and still can't get any mobile data

@pholover93 wrote:

I've rebooted my phone many times and still can't get any mobile data

Hello again,

I understand this might sound overly simplistic but sometimes we overlook the obvious....  Have you enabled data? If your data was enabled, but the gift data had not yet been available, I would have expected your phone to receive texts asking you to purchase a data plan or pass.

What phone do you have? Is it from Canada or purchased from overseas? If it was purchased from overseas, have you enabled roaming data? Some phones think they are roaming if they are outside of their expected usage areas even though they might be using a local SIM.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @pholover93

That's pretty strange! 

I'll send you a PM right away so we can check this out Smiley

Shan6

I'm having the same problem. Received the text telling me to restart my phone. I've restarted it several times since then and....nothing

Hey @Shan6

The gift starts on your November cycle.

You received the notification on your end saying that it was added right?

Let me know.

Shan6

I recieved this text message on Nov.22:
Hi, it's Fido: It's our 20th anniversary, which means you don't have to wait until the holidays to unwrap a great gift! Your Fido gift of data starts TODAY! JUST RESTART YOUR PHONE NOW and celebrate with 500MB of FREE data per month for the next 2 months, as long as you keep your current plan and device. Oh, and don't forget to visit fido.ly/20years to keep up with the celebration and discover more surprises.

And have restarted my phone several times since then. Still no free data.
Keep getting prompts to buy data top ups as soon as the previous one is used up.