got sms add on but messages still charged me

SOLVED
oohyes
I'm a Participant Level 3

i recently got the $5/mo unlimited int texting add-on and received a confirmation text from fido that it was activated. However when i texted a friend i noticed that my messages were still charged for 30 cents each. How can this be fixed so that i am not charged per message, since i paid for the add-on? Note that i currently do not have a plan and used a pay-per-use for my phone.

Accepted Solution

Re: got sms add on but messages still charged me

Solved by Former Moderator FidoSamantha

Hey oohyes!

Welcome to the community Smiley 

The $5 add-on for international texts does not cover Canadian text messages. Is that what you're being charged for by any chance? Check out our other prepaid add-ons here.

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
oohyes

unfortunately that didn't quite work. I've tried that in the past but after i confirm an add-on it just brings me back to the add-on options.

In that case, I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at this Smiley 

oohyes

Not exactly, i am attempting to validate my order and a message in red reads "Sorry! Your request could not be completed at this time. Please try again later." when i press "submit".

That's odd.  

Have you tried doing it through the IVR? (*611 - then press 3 - 2 - 1)

Let me know if that works Smiley 

oohyes

Thank you for your help FidoSamantha, I have proceeded to modify my add-ons, canceling the current int add-on and switching to a Canadian one. However the change could not be completed right now.

That's what we're here for  Smiley 

But are you getting an error message? 

FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hey oohyes!

Welcome to the community Smiley 

The $5 add-on for international texts does not cover Canadian text messages. Is that what you're being charged for by any chance? Check out our other prepaid add-ons here.