galaxy S7 WIFI

galaxy S7 WIFI

galaxy S7 WIFI

pablum
I'm a Participant Level 3

galaxy S7 WIFI

Hello this is my second Galaxy S7 in 2 weeks . my issue is WIFI only work in flight mode or if there is no sim installed . The sim card works fine in my other phones , I believe its a setting blocking . Ive tried Samsung and Fido support with no luck . Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
KAPABLE-K
MVP

If your first phone had the same issue then I doubt the problem is with the phone. WiFI should not work in flight mode also. When you connect toy ou WiFi with your sim card in what exactly happens? 

pablum

With the sim card in WIFI connects to network but YouTube or Playstore loses connection to nework . Its realy weird i can turn on WIFI in fight mode and it works or with no sim card it works fine .

@pablum

Turn the device and the router off for at least ten seconds, then turn them back and retry the connection

Go to Settings – Power saving and ensure that this option is turned off.

pablum

I reset router and turned off phone and it worked for about 10 minutes . After playing around with the phone I realized WIFI works fine for internet , I can watch MSN videos and brouse the internet fine . I realized the issue with the WIFI is with YouTube and GooglePlay store . Thanks

@pablum Force your router to use only IPv4 and not IPv6

pablum

Thanks i will give that a try when i get home , I just find it weird that You Tube and Playstore work fine with no sim card ! Thanks again