fido dollar unfair practice

SOLVED
laufmle
I'm a Participant Level 2

I took many years earning my fido dollars as I had been a Fido user before its inception. I have now had them all taken away because I did not use them in a few month time frame.I feel I am not being treated fairly as I take care of my phones and did not need a new one as of yet nor did I need to try new features. Now it seems I have lost them all so when I do need a new phone I will not be able to benefit from my from my EARNED fido rewards dollars.Is this correct?and if so fair?Where does that earned money go and who benefits from my earned fido dollars??

Accepted Solution

Re: fido dollar unfair practice

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

We completely understand your concerns! If you need more details of the phase out of the program, you can click here for the terms and conditions and here for the notice of phase out on our website.

We phased out the Fidodollars program to offers instant perks such as FidoRoam and Spotify Premium. Hope this clarifies everything. Smiley

View solution in context
11 REPLIES 11
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@laufmle I do understand where you are coming from I too liked the Fido Dollars program and it was one of the reason I stayed with Fido. With that being said when Fido decided to end the program they notify everyone and we did had time to use it up. 

If you were in a contract before April 6th 2016 then your Fido Dollars are safe until July 2018. If you were not in a contract or signed a contract after April 6th 2016 then your Fido Dollars expired on July 6th 2016.

laufmle

It took me years to earn the $530 plus dollars that was in my fido Dollars account my plan ended in dec. but like I said I take care of my phones and did not need a new one yeta nd was only given months to use them.I say again unfair practice and where do the fido dollars go that I had earned over those years???I really feel it was unfair to long term users of Fido to be forced into using their earned Fido dollars before they had to in order for them to roll out the new Mastercard.I am talking 14 or more years of being a loyal fido user!!! this was not 20 dollars I was speaking of losing!!! 

To give our customers time to decide, we specified the expiration date before the Fidodollars are phased out. We gave several notifications of the Fidodollars expiring either via text, e-mail, invoice or on the website. If no order is placed, then the Fidodollars will expire and unfortunately there's no way for us to redeem them.

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @laufmle

Welcome to the Community!

We sent a notification on theJanuary 2016 invoice followed by other reminders to use the FidoDOLLARS before they expire to all affected customers! 

The program started to be removed back in April 2015 so it's no surprise anymore Smiley 
I'm sorry you didn't come around to use them before they disapeared.

You can find more information over here on how we replaced them we other awesome perks.

laufmle

Just because you have notified people about the rewards program ending does not make it OK or fair.Years had been spent earning them and because a new program to roll out master card was coming everyone was strong armed into using them or losing them within months not years. I did not chose not to come around to use them that choice was made for me by the short window given even though there were years put in to earn them. pretty shoddy Business practice and again I say unfair.Would you buy a new car if you did not need one or extras you thought you would have absoulutly no use for??? I already no the answer but just so you understand my frustration. Sad

We completely understand your concerns! If you need more details of the phase out of the program, you can click here for the terms and conditions and here for the notice of phase out on our website.

We phased out the Fidodollars program to offers instant perks such as FidoRoam and Spotify Premium. Hope this clarifies everything. Smiley

DougM
I'm a Participant Level 1

For those of us on auto billing and online charges, the phasing out of the Fido dollars has been a suprise.

I have used these for updates on my phone for the last two renewals. The substitutions are of no use to me at all.

I can assure you that I will look for another carrier when this contract expires.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey DougM!

We definitely understand how you feel and we'd hate to see you go, but, it's important to keep in mind that, even with pre-authorized payments and online billing, it's still a good idea to check your bill every month. 

Any important notifications that we need to send out to our customers are sent via bill message.

I'll send you a PM shortly so we can discuss this further. 

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to shed my 2 cents (we don't use pennys so I guess its 5 cents now) on this issue. I had a few fido dollars racked up, nothing major because I did use them a few summers ago to do a HUP. But I had more than enough to buy the Fido Home Phone Adaptor by ZTE, and I was going to use them. I DID read about them expiring soon and was gonna call up and try to redeem them before they ran up but like any other Canadian, I got busy in life because like most people who are married with kids they know life can be busy you get distracted or postpone things until you get some free time. Anyways I finally found the time but noticed my FidoDollars were expired but I was not mad at all at Fido, I KNEW they were going to expire soon because I read about it a few times on my bill and on here.  I just accepted it and moved on in life. Yeah it sucks but there is no point in me getting mad, This happens all the time, look at Air Miles for example, a lot of people will loose their Air miles soon. I'm just saying this happens dont get mad, just take a deep breath and relax and move on. don't let it hold you down.

Bobbyboosted

Ok... I never received any texto from fido about this... I was about to buy a new phone with my fido dollars ~220$. Since i am on pre authorized and. Only check my email for balance. I never receive a msg saying my fido dollars would be lost. I was browsing a new phone when I stumbled on the expired fido dollars page today... I feel disgusted on how this all have been working out. Its only main reason for me to stay with fido... To use my dollars on a new phone. So theres  nothing more i can do right? Its all gone like that? 

Hi @Bobbyboosted

If you have an agreement and a plan that earns FidoDollars today, you'll continue to earn them until your agreement ends or if you change your plan. You also have until July 6th 2018 to redeem them.

We printed an important notice about FidoDollars on either the December - January or February bill, on page 2 or 3. 

We printed: "IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING DISCONTINUATION OF THE FidoREWARDS PROGRAM" with all of the details listed. This goes for everyone, but we definitely suggest to always familiarize yourself with the information printed on your bills each month, even if you are registered for pre-authorized payments or online billing, to ensure you're aware of any changes to come & the information listed. We also provided the information on Fido.ca around that same time, through the article above.