fido.ca login does not stay connected to prepaid cell account

FJL_in_Toronto
I'm a Participant Level 2

Each time I login to fido.ca using my email-based login I get a "Connect Account" screen; I click to indicated that I am a Prepaid customer and type in my Fido phone number and click "Send me a Code"; the code arrives by SMS in a few seconds and I type the code into the next screen and voila, all my account information becomes available, my Fido community id activates etc . . . all is good.

But next time I log in to fido.ca the whole process repeats; my account never stays connected to the fido.ca login profile.  This has been happening from the get-go for a month now on this new account.   On my wife's (phone-based) login this has never been a problem, for 8 years.  The customer support people have tried to be helpful, but appparently don't have tools to see what's happening on the web login; they have referred the problem to second line support but in 3 weeks nothing has happened. 

It's not the end of the world but it would be nice if my login profile would remember the phone account so I don't have to go throught the send-me-a-code routine.each time 

Any ideas what's happening here? Is this something I can fix or is it only tech support who can do it. Any help appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @FJL_in_Toronto

Thank you for reaching out to us with this. It definitely sounds like you're experiencing a technical issue. 

Did you get the chance to test it out from a different browser to see if the same thing occurs? 

FJL_in_Toronto

I generally use Firefox but did try with Chrome and IE at the request of a service rep  . . . all the same result: able to force the connection to the account using send-me-a-code but on the next logon it forgets and needs to know my phone #. again. 

And I recall one of the service reps spent some time logging on to my profile (with my permission) and she thought the problem was weird and needed to be referred to second line support.

Let's check it out @FJL_in_Toronto, I'm sending you a PM. 

FJL_in_Toronto

Hi FidoRachel   . . . thanks . . .  ummm I don't know what a PM is . . . 

Hey @FJL_in_Toronto a PM is a private message. I message was sent to your inbox so you can just reply to it. Smiley