fido-account.com fraudulous domain!

SOLVED
mrdisco01
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi everybody,

This might be a stupid question but I'm finding this suspect enough to post (If I'm wrong it's at least something fido should fix so it doesn't look as suspicious.)

Yesterday I received an text message from 1 207 613-8814 saying: "Hi it's Fido : your online access has been disabled due to an incorrect or missing information.Please login to your account as soon as possible to regain access of your account. http://fido-account.com/desactivated-account.xxxx (do not click any link that start with this)

Today I woke up and went to login using that link. I had to to put my number and password, then my full name and fido NIP. After that it said I had successfully fixed the problem and I needed to update my credit card informations so it would be done already or I could do it later. 

Can anybody confirm this is fido and I am being overly suspicious? In anyway here's some things that made me think it was fraudulous (either so fido fixes that so other customers don't get this concern or so we can see it's a fraud:

1) fido-account.com isn't listed anywhere else, fido always refers to fido.ca and then "my account".

2) the link asks for the most important informations (nip, credit card) to access my account but when I go to fido.ca in "my account" or ask fido, absolutely nothing tells me I have to fix anything wether it's with my general account or with my credit card infos. 

3) the web page at fido-account.com is malfunctionning, the "X" doesn't do anything and it's pretty much dead except for entering personal infos. 

So what do you think?

Thierry

Accepted Solution

Re: fido-account.com legit or fraudulous domain?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoManuel

Hey @mrdisco01!

Welcome to the Community!

That has been flagged to us already! 

This website is NOT legit! Fido will never ask you to valide your identity through an email or text message. 

I'll send you a PM so we can change your PIN on your account! I'll also ask you to update your password on our website. 

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
K-98
I'm a Participant Level 1

I got the same same text. I thought it was legit so I placed my number and password but it asked from my Fido NIP, I searched it up and looked at your response saying it wasn't legit. Am I at risk or should i change my number and password? I recently joined Fido last month
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @K-98 & welcome to the Community! Smiley

If you didn't put any info such as NIP/Credit card info, I wouldn't worry. I'd however suggest that you change your Fido.ca password.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

As a rule of thumb, any message requesting an immediate/urgent response should be considered fraudulous from the start. Use the regular channels to contact the "supposed" entity, not the contact information provided in the message.

Yes, your account is compromised. Change your NIP and password.

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey @mrdisco01!

Welcome to the Community!

That has been flagged to us already! 

This website is NOT legit! Fido will never ask you to valide your identity through an email or text message. 

I'll send you a PM so we can change your PIN on your account! I'll also ask you to update your password on our website.