extreme text messaging

extreme text messaging

extreme text messaging

SOLVED
Joseluiz
I'm a Participant Level 2

extreme text messaging

my fido plan includes unlimited texting worldwide, how do I activate extreme text messaging? is it free of charge?

Accepted Solution

Re: extreme text messaging

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello again,

Unfortunately, I do not think you will be able to set up the Extreme text messaging from a computer. I believe the messaging system is separate from the regular data system and cannot be accessed via the internet. The only way would be to access the system from the mobile network. I think the reason is similar to why data needs to be enabled to send/receive MMS -- the data within MMS cannot be sent or received via Wifi.

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Joseluiz,

Welcome to the community!

You can set up Extreme Text messaging by sending "XTREME" by text to 4716 to receive a link to WAP page. Then click My Services, then Extreme Text Messaging. Select an option and follow instructions (taken from here).

Since you have unlimited texting, I do not believe there are any additional charges for using the service (see here). However, you should note that if you use the service while outside of the country, roaming charges may apply.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Joseluiz

Thanks!

Is there any way to receive the link to WAP page to my account at my computer?

My phone fell out of my pocket and is getting fixed, no way to send sms from it now.

Hello again,

Unfortunately, I do not think you will be able to set up the Extreme text messaging from a computer. I believe the messaging system is separate from the regular data system and cannot be accessed via the internet. The only way would be to access the system from the mobile network. I think the reason is similar to why data needs to be enabled to send/receive MMS -- the data within MMS cannot be sent or received via Wifi.

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Joseluiz

Yes, it helped, I will wait for the phone.

thanks.