extra charges 333-0 (Data) // Data tracker

SOLVED
udaikya
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello, fido sent me a message says that there is 30$ or more for extra internet charges, info my cycle starts every 4th, after calling them the only answer that i got was that apple invented an option that if open consumes all your data, we are talking here about wifi assistance, when they asked me if it was open i dident even know where was it, the last answer was sorry sir its bot the problem of fido, Seriously ....
to let you know that your msg of notifications attending the 90% off use dosent work correctly, first! and consumers shld know such a problem that can raise the bill very High, i am not happy of the service.

Accepted Solution

Re: extra charges 333-0 (Data) // Data tracker

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@udaikya wrote:

to let you know that your msg of notifications attending the 90% off use dosent work correctly...

Hello Udaikya,

Welcome to the community!

There are a couple of things that you should note regarding the Data Tracker notifications:

Some notifications can be delayed. Notifications are sent between 9 am and 8 pm ET. After 8 pm, you will be notified the following morning. Also any failed/undelivered notifications will follow the same retry rules as regular text messages (SMS) (see here).

Additionally, the text message alert is sent only after the data session has finished. This means you will not receive any notification while you are still connected to the internet (see here).

While there is a slight discrepancy between the sending/receiving times noted in those posts, the premise is the same. The notifications are not sent 24 hours a day. Any thresholds reached overnight will be sent the following morning.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
Kluciano95
I'm a Participant Level 2

I went over $50 of my data and it was stopped. How do I resume my data?

Hi @Kluciano95 & welcome to the Community. Smiley

When you reach the data overage cap, you will receive a text message notification and browser intercept, asking you to accept to continue using data.

• If you accept, you will be able to continue using data, charges will apply.
  • If you do not accept, your data will remain on hold until your new billing cycle begins.
    • At any time, you can go back to the text message and accept.
    • If you deleted the text message, don’t worry, simply open your browser and you will be redirected to the acceptance page.

Cheers!

Cawtau
Senior MVP

@udaikya wrote:

to let you know that your msg of notifications attending the 90% off use dosent work correctly...

Hello Udaikya,

Welcome to the community!

There are a couple of things that you should note regarding the Data Tracker notifications:

Some notifications can be delayed. Notifications are sent between 9 am and 8 pm ET. After 8 pm, you will be notified the following morning. Also any failed/undelivered notifications will follow the same retry rules as regular text messages (SMS) (see here).

Additionally, the text message alert is sent only after the data session has finished. This means you will not receive any notification while you are still connected to the internet (see here).

While there is a slight discrepancy between the sending/receiving times noted in those posts, the premise is the same. The notifications are not sent 24 hours a day. Any thresholds reached overnight will be sent the following morning.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@udaikya You can learn more about WiFi assist and how to turn it off here.

FidoKenny

Hey @udaikya and welcome to the Community.

I first wanted to let you know that I moved your post to the General Care and Support board since it made more sense with this subject.

Concerning your usage, I can understand how getting such a high usage just at the start of your cycle can be unexpected.

We have a blog here that lets you know how to manage your internet usage here.

If you want to go over your usage, we would be happy to verify all that with you. You have the option to contact us through our other channels here.

Or we can also send you a PM here on the Community as well if you prefer Smiley

Hey @udaikya,

Just wanted to bring some clarification to what was already said Smiley

Data notifications are sent when:

• Reaching 90% of available data
  • Reaching 100% of available data
  • $30 over usage
  • $50 over usage
  • $90 over usage

Those notifications are sent in near real-time, at all times. The rule that the notifications are only sent between 9 am and 8 pm ET no longer applies. The only time you won't receive a data notification is when you change your plan mid-cycle. Notifications will resume at the next bill cycle only.

Hope this helps Smiley