epost mail box

epost mail box

epost mail box

SOLVED
Hanna19
I'm a Participant Level 2

epost mail box

Who was the bright spark that took away my convenient option of having all my bills in one place in my epost mailbox??  Epic FAIL Fido.  I want it back!!!

Accepted Solution

Re: epost mail box

Solved by Fido Employee AdamBeast

Hi Hanna19, 

Please be aware that effective October 19th, 2015 Fido will no longer be delivering bills via epost™. Importantly, all Fido bills currently in your epost™ box will remain saved for up to seven years or until deleted. 

You can now see your bill from fido.ca or by paper bill. 

View solution in context
18 REPLIES 18
LoyalFido
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido's response does NOTHING to address the concerns... of course it's available on their site, IF you can log in, and IF you remember... in e-Post it was there each time you log into your banking- SIMPLE and EASY... NOT NOW..

WHY CHANGE IT BACKWARDS??? 

LESS SERVICE = LESS CLIENTS...

nwolk
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I want epost back. There is no way to find out the long distance calls made (actual phone number) on the app or e-bills. Please re-consider your decision on not using epost. I want to see the WHOLE bill.

@nwolk wrote:
I want epost back. There is no way to find out the long distance calls made (actual phone number) on the app or e-bills. Please re-consider your decision on not using epost. I want to see the WHOLE bill.

Hello Nwolk,

Actually, you can get a list of the numbers called with the online billing. @FidoMaria posted a link to the blog where how to use it is discussed. You can download a PDF version (ie whole bill), or you can view the details of usage on line. It's all there. It's just not sent to epost.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Zim514
I'm a Participant Level 1

It might be all there but you have to jump through maybe 8-9 steps to find the information I look at every month, whereas before it was much more straight forward and ePost was a place where I already went. 

The new approach is a step backwards in terms of usability and a provides a poor experience. 

In addition to usability, the less techsavvy user now has to create an account on fido's website and follow a bunch of links to find the information that used to be standard. It took a long time for my parents to get used to ePost and now they have to learn something new. Ultimately, it was easier for them to switch back to paper billing.

If that's the point some customers have reached, it can hardly be considered an improvement. 

Kris

Hey Zim514,

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you take a look at the blog article that Maria posted? It should help out if you're unfamiliar with online billing Smiley

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi nwolk!

We're focusing on enhancing our main platform and working hard to make our bills more clear and easy to understand. We want to give our customers a consistent experience no matter how they view their bill.

If you're having trouble viewing your bill details online, I suggest that you check out our blog post about it. Smiley

Let me know if it helped!

AdamBeast
Fido Employee

Hi Hanna19, 

Please be aware that effective October 19th, 2015 Fido will no longer be delivering bills via epost™. Importantly, all Fido bills currently in your epost™ box will remain saved for up to seven years or until deleted. 

You can now see your bill from fido.ca or by paper bill. 

EGC128

So what? This doesn't explain why Fido did this. Does Fido care about their customers? Probably not. 

fcastilloec

I want to hear the reason why Fido decided to make this decision. I'm not switching yet, but Fido is clearly pushing costumer out more and more. I'm sure you have your reasons, and if you share them, it would make it easier for us to make a decision.

Assuming it wasn't Fido's fault but epost, then there's no reason to get mad at Fido and just stick with them.

Anyway, waiting for a proper description on why this decision was taken...

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@fcastilloec wrote:
Anyway, waiting for a proper description on why this decision was taken...

Unlikely that anyone with the knowledge is going to give you that reason. Fido is a business, and the priority of all businesses is profit. Most likely, ePost has a cost, and there are not enough clients who use it to justify its cost.

That's my guess.

Hanna19

Oh I am aware of it and very unhappy that the option that makes my life easier has been removed.  No consideration at all for your customers!  Don't tell me that I can get my bill on-line, or that you can mail me a paper bill!  I don't want a paper bill and I don't want to log onto your website to get my bill - I want it in my epost mailbox with all my other bills where I manage my accounts from.  This has upset me so much that I feel I might very well close my account!!  You probably can't do anything about it... no-one at Fido/Rogers really cares ot listens, it is all about saving a $.  VERY DISSATISFIED!!!!

LoyalFido

I feel EXACTLY THE SAME WAY!!

@Hanna19 wrote:

...This has upset me so much that I feel I might very well close my account!!...

Hello Hanna19,

Before you actually do decide to close your account, consider that your remaining options are rather limited. Assuming your decision is based on being able to continue to use epost, only Telus (Koodo), Videotron, and TBayTel are currently listed as available wireless mobile organisations that deliver digital mail through epost. Unless you're very lucky and live in Québec/Ottawa or Thunder Bay, that leaves Telus (Koodo). 

There are a couple of things to note with Telus. First, they have no 2G network. They used to operate a CDMA network, but that was shut down in 2014. Second, as far as I am aware, they operate their LTE network on only one band/frequency (band 4, 1700/2100MHz). If your phone was purchased elsewhere, it may or may not have that band/frequency. You should also note that coverage with Telus tends to be more localised to certain regions.

I am not trying to sway you either way. I just know it's easy to make rash decisions based on emotion rather than actual feasibility. There are quite a few stories of people who had fled to Wind out of frustration but eventually returned because Wind's offerings didn't suit their needs. Of course, there are also many people who are happy with Wind or Telus (Koodo), or Videotron and TBayTel, for that matter. Just realise that epost might not be the only difference between the mobile companies. You might not care about 2G and your phone may be compatible; you might live in, and only travel to, regions where there is coverage. Only you can decide where your priorities lie.

Anyways, something to consider...

Cheers

**edited for a typo :smileyembarrassed:**

LoyalFido

BUT WHY REMOVE THE SERVICE IN THE FIRST PLACE???????

And pointing out that other companies are lacking in their service options DOESN"T mean it's right for FIDO to remove thsi service as well!!!! WHY BE SO BACKWARDS AND REGRESS IN THE SERVICE OPTIONS??? I SERIOUSLY JOINED FIDO FOR IT'SCONVENIENT PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR BUSINESS- NOT so I had to do more work to pay my bills!!!!

ShafiqJetha
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I just wanted to come in here and make a post about my dissatisfaction that Fido have chosen to remove the epost service. I understand that they are a business, but this does make our lives easier.

From an analogy point of view, and given that Canada Post is a public company, this would be similar to removing physically posted bills and requesting customer come into a local Fido branch to see their bill.

In the age of the internet, this has less of an inconvenience factor than it did historically, but the analogy still hold: Fido wants you to come to them to get your bill instead of using a trusted service that provides an immense amount of convenience to their customers for a relatively small monetary cost every month (I'm sure the cost of sending a few million letter bills is more than the cost to send a few million bills through epost).

All we're looking for is a reason. Maybe the reason is something simple and mundane as 'we changed our billing software and this American company has no idea what epost is'. That would be valid. We would all vent our frustration at the billing company. If this is a decision made entirely inside of Fido, then we are right in venting our frustration at Fido. If the reason is that Canada Post is charging too much and it is becoming unsustainable, then I'll fire a message at Deepak Chopra and let him know how I feel.

We just want a little bit of transparency on the reasons that went into making this decision, that's it. Would you provide us with that, Fido?

DigitalNut

I too would like Fido to keep using epost ! I now have about 4 bills emailed to me every month at different times, it's hard to keep track of what bill needs to be paid. With epost I can sort on the due date column!

Please reconsider your decision and bring back epost!

EGC128

Very disappointed with Fido taking away epost.  Epost is a convience for customers that consilidates all bills in one place. Epost also makes it easier to pay bills as it can be linked to your bank account. 

kauaijim

Agreed.

Very disappointing.

Fido, I hope you will reconsider.